Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Samsung TV][Other] Samsung TV Tizen app: no sound, controls not working (TU8500 model)

[Samsung TV][Other] Samsung TV Tizen app: no sound, controls not working (TU8500 model)

I have Samsung Smart TV UE55TU8500UX (TU85 series). Spotify app had been working for several weeks, after that it started to work like this:
* Everything works normally until you start to play anything
* After that, the player shows that a song is playing but there is no sound and player controls do not work
* If you try to use Spotify Connect at this point, it will not be able to connect to TV

I saw somewhere on the forum a "fix" which involved switching to HDMI or AV input before opening Spotify, and while it worked for me one or two times, it does not work anymore. I tried closing the app, rebooting the TV, all combinations of TV inputs before opening Spotify, nothing changes. The only subtle detail that I noticed is that there is your previous input sound playing for half a second when you try to play anything in Spotify, after that, nothing.

All the other fixes did nothing for me, like changing encoding in TV Sound settings menu.

1 Reply

damn i guess i needed to post it to Help instead of Ideas

Suggested posts