Alfa007

Plan

Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9+ & Samsung Gear S3

My Question or Issue

I was using my Gear S3 connected to my phone throw Bluetooth as "remote".

Today, just trying some functions, I connected the spotify app in the watch throw wifi with my account. It worked just fine.

However, when I try to go back to remote, it gives me a connection error with the phone.

Looking in the forum, I tried sime ideas. I have reestarted the watch to factory values. I reinstaled the Galaxy Wearable app. And nothing work.

Noy it keeps saying "can not connecto to spotify on your phone. Please open your app there to continue"

Automatically it opens the app in the phone, but I cant do anything by the watch.

Also in the gadget, it says that there is no Bluetooth connection to the phone.

Any Ideas?

45 Replies

eboxbeatstyle
Casual Listener

The solution have been made you can do that easy 🙂 

Update everything to the latest (Samsung gear s3 have a new update) 

After this have been made for e quit all the app (include the wearable app) 

Try to connect your watch again, sign out from Spotify on your watch, sign back in (with username and password)

stay on mobile data while doing this:

*Disconnect any Bluetooth device but the watch

*Try use remote - enjoy 🙂 

password333333
Casual Listener

Hi lol thanks for that reply. its been fixed for a year or so now 😄

eboxbeatstyle
Casual Listener
It have been solved for me just now... 😞 I guess my luck is awful

AbrasiveTurtle

I honestly can't believe there has been no official solution on this yet... or even any ACKNOWLEDGMENT. As people have already said previously, this is affecting... just about everyone, and has been going on for MONTHS. And, also like a lot of people, the "remote control" function on the Gear S3's spotify app was probably one of the biggest persuaders in my buying it... I really wish this would get fixed...

Liveteguld
Casual Listener

Yeah, it's almost amazing that we don't get any response from spotify.

The built in media player works but not Spotify. They love to get paid but not to fix things . So please fix this problem. 

OryZ
Gig Goer

Hi. I have a Kenwood headunit on my car. There are no bluetooth connection issues up to v.8.4.77.779.

Issues starts from v.8.4.78.530.

I think it's the same issue, serial bluetooth connection issue.

password333333
Casual Listener

no its totally not the same issue... what youre looking for is bluetooth headphones connection not remote control by secondary app...

OryZ
Gig Goer

No, it's wrong. I have Spotify source on my headunit. I can controll all Spotify function, it's a serial Bluetooth connection using SPP profile.

giq

I've downgraded spotify on my phone to be able to use remote on Gear S3. Yay, it works again. 

HOWEVER:

With latest Spotify app on the phone (S8), when connecting from Gear, a notification bar with Spotify shows up for a split second and immediately (<1s) disappears. 

With the downgraded Spotify app on the phone, the same notification bar shows up and remains in the notification area. The message on the bar reads : "Application null is connected."

"null" in a user-targeted message smells like a bug, either the party providing the content is messing it up (Spotify app on Gear?) , or the recipient (Spotify app on the phone) does not know how to treat the message with missing application name...

bradavon
Roadie

@giq wrote:

I've downgraded spotify on my phone to be able to use remote on Gear S3. Yay, it works again. 

HOWEVER:

With latest Spotify app on the phone (S8), when connecting from Gear, a notification bar with Spotify shows up for a split second and immediately (<1s) disappears. 

With the downgraded Spotify app on the phone, the same notification bar shows up and remains in the notification area. The message on the bar reads : "Application null is connected."

"null" in a user-targeted message smells like a bug, either the party providing the content is messing it up (Spotify app on Gear?) , or the recipient (Spotify app on the phone) does not know how to treat the message with missing application name...

I noticed this too.

canerkoroglu
Casual Listener

This is temporary solution, we have to put pressure on shopify to fix this problem.

Casper01
Casual Listener

I got the Gear watch 3 days ago, today i finally managed to login on spotify on my watch (because there are also some problems with that). But the remote option never worked...

hope they fix it very soon because it is one of the better things to do with the watch.

Furry87
Casual Listener

Yeah you can bypass the login part of you turn Bluetooth off then forget WiFi, after that connect WiFi back up with password etc. You can now sign into Spotify on your phone. Then turn Bluetooth back on and Spotify will show up fine. That's a problem in itself as for remote play from the watch it's fully broken. I downgraded my Spotify on my phone to see if that fixes it. But this seems more watch update related to be honest. Really frustrating now and no reply from the Spotify team whatsoever.

Casper01
Casual Listener

Yeah, spotify does run completely fine on phone's, definitely a watch thing. For the login part i just made a device password on spotify.com and that worked for me, but that should not be necessary, you should be able to login with FB but whatever

Spencergo
Casual Listener

We can use our built in music player to control spotify. Instead of the app if we want the remote feature. Its even better because it has volume control. But we can only skip tracks. 

ChrisEsparza

Thanks! I just deleted the Spotify app an will use this instead. TYVM! 

canerkoroglu
Casual Listener

Hey still no words from november 2018 **bleep**!

canerkoroglu
Casual Listener

I can confirm it is started to work again. Very very bad support on spotify side but at least fixed.

NeepNinja
Casual Listener
Also confirming this has been fixed! Thanks for the update. Listening to Spotify on my watch with my budz!! Sorted!

Liveteguld
Casual Listener
Can you use remote as well?
SUGGESTED POSTS