Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Screensaver broken in WebOS app (LG OLED Smart TV CX)

Screensaver broken in WebOS app (LG OLED Smart TV CX)

The newest update of Spotify WebOS app on in LG OLED Smart TV CX does not go into screensaver mode (the general LG screensaver with "fireworks") any more.

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

LG OLED Smart TV 48CX

Operating System

WebOS 5.3.0-19

My Question or Issue

The newest update of Spotify WebOS app on in LG OLED Smart TV CX does not go into screen saver mode (the general LG screensaver with "fireworks") any more. The screen saver works well with other apps.

• TV
82 Replies

I have the same problem since the last update. 😞

For now I'm using "screen off" option from energy saving menu.

Same issue for me with a C1 so it is a Bug for sure. Needs to be fixed asap to prevent instant burn in.

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know if this is happening only with the app on your TV or when you're using the Connect feature as well?

On another note, we suggest that you make sure the firmware of your TV doesn't have any pending updates. 

Lastly, we'd recommend unplugging your TV for a couple of minutes > restarting your router > plugging your TV back. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,
This is happening on both the app on TV and when using the Connect feature.
No pending firmware updates.
Tried unplugging my TV for 5 minutes, restart my router and plugging the TV back - didn't help.

Reinstalling the app doesn't work as well.

Confirmed that this is happening for me as well with the CX and the app on the TV. All WebOS apps and firmware are fully up to date. All other WebOS apps (netflix, hulu, etc.) still correctly go into screensaver mode. Spotify is the only app with this issue.

Same problem here. LG OLED C8. No screensaver when using the webOS Spotify app. Tried everything above. Screensaver works fine in other webOS apps like Netflix etc.

Hey folks! 

Thanks for all the info you've sent so far 🙂 

Could you let us know the last WebOS version that this worked with? We'd like to investigate further.

However, keep in mind that depending on the cause, this might be something that only LG will be able to address in a firmware update. 

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

What do you mean?
This stopped working after an update to Spotify, not webos.

Also, I contacted LG which says they suspect the issue is with the latest Spotify update.

Yeah, the newest Spotify update broke the screensaver. The latest fw for my C8 was released in August..

WebOS 04.30.40
Spotify 2.0.24
LG CX

I'm sure they did this on purpose. They don't let the screensaver run on the Apple TV app either. Blows my mind that they care so little about their customers that they wont do this tiny, insignificant thing to help us protect our expensive equipment.

Same on OLED55CX3. Really annoying bug.

Same here. LG fireworks Screensaver used to start after 2 mins of no interaction via the remote.

LG OLED55B7A

WebOS 06.00.25

Spotify version 2.0.24 installed on 25Nov2021

Other LG WebOS TV apps such as Netflix, Disney+ and Hulu still trigger the screensaver after 2 minutes.

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We passed your info on to the right team so they can look into this further.

Could you please share with us the following if you haven't already:. 

• The TV model
  • The last WebOS version that this worked with
  • The exact Spotify version that is running on your TV 

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

OLED65B9SLA

Webos 05.20.06

Spotify 2021.12.13_3-8de5b30 H 4.22.0

Same here: Screensaver not working since last Spotify update

LG OLED55CX9LA

SOFTWARE 04.30.55

WEB OS 5.3.0-22

Spotify Version 2.0.24

Same problem on lgcx55. Was fine until 13 December 21 update to spotify app

I use the latest lg c1 webos (don't know the name). You see the date I posted this. I can confirm spotify is the culprit. I did work until the latest spotify update.

Suggested posts