Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Screensaver broken in WebOS app (LG OLED Smart TV CX)

Screensaver broken in WebOS app (LG OLED Smart TV CX)

The newest update of Spotify WebOS app on in LG OLED Smart TV CX does not go into screensaver mode (the general LG screensaver with "fireworks") any more.

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

LG OLED Smart TV 48CX

Operating System

WebOS 5.3.0-19

My Question or Issue

The newest update of Spotify WebOS app on in LG OLED Smart TV CX does not go into screen saver mode (the general LG screensaver with "fireworks") any more. The screen saver works well with other apps.

• TV
Top Answer
Kacper309
Regular

I have the same problem since the last update. 😞

For now I'm using "screen off" option from energy saving menu.

82 Replies

Same with me. imo Spotify knows that, they just don't want to work on that problem now.

It's a joke how they want to shift the responsibility on LG when every other app works fine.

It's obviously an error in the code as a couple times I've managed to get
screensaver to kick in by deleting the app and signing out but it never
stays as it should.

Glad I found this! Exactly the same issue for me with the C8. Had a meeting with LG-support and they said there is nothing we can do. Nothing wrong with their SW because it works with all the other applications. I totally agree with them.

Can´t play the greatest song ever (Telegraph road), without concerns about burning my oled-module..

Spotify do something... This is annoying. 

Spotify do something 🙏

LG has nothing to do with this. It's 100% on you, Spotify. 

Just add "screen off" to your shortcut settings menu and carry on.

Yep until you touch the motion controlled remote control by accident ans get 7 hours nice and bright stuck screen on your 3.500 Dollars OLED. If I get Burn-In because they shut down the most important built in protection feature, I am going to sue them, like everyone else should do.

How?

You need to move your motion controller pretty aggressively to wake up the TV. At least in my case (CX).

The point of all this is that it should not be consumer's job to work around something stupid like this. Spotify has intentionally removed a feature that used to work, and the removal of that feature risks damaging our expensive equipment.

And they would be liable for this. There is a law in the EU against faulty digital services that also provides compensation claims for customers. If Spotify knowingly deactivates the TV's internal protection features, they would have to pay for the resulting damage in my opinion. I for one am paying attention, but many will not notice until the screen has perpetuated itself via burn-in. This could be very expensive for Spotify, **bleep**.

Spotify,
Screensaver worked 2 weeks ago on Jan 22, 2022 but not anymore.
TV: LG OLED65G1RLA, WebOS version 03.21.20 (latest)
Spotify: via chromecast or via WebOS app, both refuse to go into screensaver mode.
Please bring back the auto screensaver like it worked before.
I can't seem to find the "screen off" option on this model and I don't want to ruin my TV with burn-in images.
Hendrikus

Album covers and illustrations do not match on your Spotify for LG TV ? For me it's broken... 

Unfortunately, information given by mod is a lie. Even if music is paused, no screensaver appears. Due to that issue, I am out. For me, Tidal works perfectly.

Please Spotify do something, update your Spotify app on LG TV 🙏 The app on LG TV don't work fine.

Having same problem.

OLED65C9PTA

webOS 4.9.5-7 (goldilocks2-gympie)

Spotify version 2.0.24

This has been done intentionally and I can understand why to a degree. Is it because of the video podcasts? Anyway, without the option to enable the screensaver as it used to work, it is a pain to use with music.

Please resolve. 

Bad news internal teams at Spotify. LG has udated his OS ! The issues are the same ! Your last update is 11/2021... Please do something.

I'm quite furious about this. Spotify knowingly drops the anti-burn in protection because of their own gain or something just as stupid. The "screen off" via LG menu is a bandage at best. Still nowhere near as foolproof as the screensaver.

I'll cancel my sub, rant like some old man to everybody I know. Write angry forum posts.
I thought I'd never give Apple money but at least they don't plan on burning my OLED.

Hi, 

i have the same issue: no more screen saver in Spotify, which cause screen burn in. Please update the app to restore that function.

TV model: OLED55B7V

WebOS TV version : 3.9.0-62709

Spotify version: 2.0.24

The problem appeared since the update of 23/11/21.

Suggested posts