Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Scrobbling to Last.fm via play.spotify not available?

Scrobbling to Last.fm via play.spotify not available?

Hey,

is scrobbling via play.spotify not available anymore (or how can I enable it again)? I mostly listen to music at work, so this is messing up my Last.Fm account.

Best wishes,

Alex 

4 Replies

Hi!

If you're redirected to open.spotify.com, then that one doesn't have last.fm integration anymore.
It's possible to scrobble with last.fm scrobbler addons.

the older play.spotify.com interface has last.fm scrobbling integrated.

Yours,
SebVAIO

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey SebastVAIO,

thanks for the response. Well, that's pretty sad, as I cannot install any sort of application or addon at work.

I don't know why Spotify allways deletes the most awesome options (like viewing the whole content of a folder-folder instead of only the folders on front, why, Spotify, why? 😞 Just leave all the options). Their applications are getting worse from release to release. At least with the app I luckily found out how to keep an old version, but there's nothing you can do about the web-apps 😞 

I'm sorry to hear that. : (

What OS are you on? You could use IE  or Edge for the web player, as they won't redirect to the open.spotify address. Firefox doesn't redirect either, but that is probably not installed for you.

An idea about bringing back the last.fm integration is posted here under this link.

If there's anything I can help you with, let me know.
(I am on the same boat...)

Yours,

SebVAIO

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Not true anymore as of yesterday ;-( They redirect from every browser.

Suggested posts