Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Search] Search Engine vs. Episodes

[Search] Search Engine vs. Episodes

Hello, as a long time Spotify user I have some thoughts about how the search engine works.

For example, I enter a phrase: "The **bleep** Wears Prada - Watchower", there is no band, no music - only podcasts. This is one of many examples. 

By going to the artist's profile I can manually find the song.

Spotify - I understand your take on podcasts, but this app by design was meant for listening to music.

spotify.jpg
1 Reply

Hey @dreadu,

Thanks for posting in the Community! We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

We understand that you had some hard times finding an artist's song via the Search function. We tried this on our end and we seem to find the artist and song you've mentioned without a problem. Keep in mind that if releases are new, it might take some time for them to get listed and picked up by the search engine. Also we can suggest to always place the artist name first and then the song name, on this way if the title has several matches, the algorithm knows which creator for this content is to be served for you with priority.

Hope this works and clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts