Free

Country

Iceland

Device

Desktop computer

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Setting aside the fact that I can't log into the app despite a clean reinstall, here is my issue: In the browser player, I cannot use the search function, aside from the stuff that's there before you actually type anything. Whenever I type into the search bar, there are no results, just an error message saying 'Oops, something went wrong.' I've tried disabling some of the add-ons that could conceivably cause a problem, but no luck. I've also tried using Chrome, but the problem persists there.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

1 Reply

Hey there @Loveling

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Have you tried restarting your PC? This basic step is very simple, but often overlooked.

We also suggest to try after restarting the connection, or try under a different one. If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. For example, some shared or public networks (e.g. schools/work/office) might restrict access to certain services, which would explain what happened here.

It's also a good idea to check for firewall/anti-virus software that might be affecting Spotify's performance. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

Suggested posts