Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Setting on web player!?

Solved!

Setting on web player!?

How do I access the settings page on web player. I can't download the desktop app because I have a chromebook.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @bruhcarti

Currently, there is no settings option in the Web Player. If your Chromebook is Google Play Store Enabled, you can download the Android version of the Spotify app from the Google Play Store. Using the Spotify app on your Chromebook, you'll be able to use Premium features such as downloading music for offline listening, and find settings. 

If your Chromebook is not Google Play Store Enabled, your only option would be to use the Web Player.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @bruhcarti

Currently, there is no settings option in the Web Player. If your Chromebook is Google Play Store Enabled, you can download the Android version of the Spotify app from the Google Play Store. Using the Spotify app on your Chromebook, you'll be able to use Premium features such as downloading music for offline listening, and find settings. 

If your Chromebook is not Google Play Store Enabled, your only option would be to use the Web Player.

Hope that helps!

that's not a **bleep**ing solution

Indeed it's not a solution...

Hey there @1144058019 and @hadagaj,

If having Settings in the Web Player is something you'd like to see in future, you should have a look in the Idea Exchange and check if someone else has already made a similar suggestion, and if not post your own.

The Idea Exchange is a great way for us to see what our users are interested in and how many people like a certain idea. You can read more about it here.

In the meantime you can check out this Spotify Answer for tips and trick to use Spotify on a Chromebook.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Give us a shout if you have any other questions!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

For God's sake Xenia (and Spotify staff in general), @bruhcarti's post is NOT about a new idea or a feature request that would indeed need to be discussed in the Idea Exchange. It's about having the same options in the web player as there are already in the Spotify app!

And here's the hard truth: Spotify doesn't want to implement this, because they want to force people to use their app as much as possible instead of a web browser.

The crossfade thing can be easily implemented in any web browser. Spotify hasn't done such a simple thing in years (there are several topics like this one in the past years) because they DON'T WANT TO.

So please stop telling people to go the Idea Exchange for things that don't require it, because they ultimately won't be implemented, because Spotify DOESN'T WANT TO.

Thank you.

are you shitting us right now spotify?

and even if we add it as an idea you won't give a flying **bleep** to add it

"You can't.  Hope that helps!"

Ah, in what world would that help?  And this response was a year and a half ago and Spotify still hasn't fixed it.  Meaning they don't want to.  F--- you, users.

Spotify, please note: I would LOVE to install the app on my work computer but I AM NOT ABLE TO!  Our IT department restricts installation of anything other than work software.  MY ONLY CHOICE is to use the web app.  And I'm sure I'm not alone.  So please make half an effort to make it on par with the desktop app.

I like to listen to classical while I work but I don't want classical in my recommendations, so I can't listen to it unless I can turn on Private Session.  So basically, even though I am a Premium user, I can't use Spotify how I want to about three quarters of a time because you stubbornly refuse to improve the web player.  How much more do I need to pay to actually use Spotify like I want to?  Is there a PREMIUM Premium membership?  As it is, I'm thinking of cancelling.

Spotify, wake up and help your Premium users.

Chris

"Hope that helps!" Really? Are you making fun of us?

I'm in the same situation with using Spotify at work, where I can't install anything. I'm a little surprised to see there aren't _more_ people in this scenario, it has to be fairly common. Installing the desktop app just isn't a possibility.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and feedback in this thread.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall and we’re constantly aiming to improve our features. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

@crouvsertaq - it's really nice of you to share the idea with the rest of the users in this thread. You can also Subscribe to the idea for any updates regarding this.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Incredible, the reaction here and how you threat your PAYING COSTUMERS is more than just a middle finger in your face.
I hope your marketing decisions one day will make you go the myspace route. Die and fall hard.

Suggested posts