Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Share Spotify as a gift?

Solved!

Share Spotify as a gift?

Hello!

I am new on Spotify, 2 friends have been talking to me about this and I've decided to jump from Youtube and it just seems great so far.

Now, there is this virus pandemic and I would like to offer a gift to my parents, a gift similar to the one I gave them with my Netflix account.

So, on Netflix, I could chat with someone who helped me upgrade my membership to 2 screens, allowing my parents who live in another city to use my Netflix account too, on their own screen.

Can I do the same thing with Spotify? I know my parents will never make a credit card purchase online by themselves, and because of the pandemic situation, I try to offer them good gifts to cut times when they could be bored in isolation.

Can someone help me please?

Thank you! (I also downloaded the app on my phone - same account - but read some people are charged twice?? I hope that won't be an issue).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @SirFrederick

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

There's an option to subscribe to Premium Family under one bill, so each family member can use their own account. However, all the family members must live together. 

Since you mention that your parents live in a different city, I can recommend gift cards. You can buy a gift cards (online or in a store) for selected period of time and share them with your parent for them to enjoy all the Premium features without entering any credit card details. 

If it comes to your last question, since you used your current Premium account to log in, you won't be charged again. 

You would be charged if you'd create a new account and subscribe with it to Premium instead of using the option to log in. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hello @SirFrederick

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

There's an option to subscribe to Premium Family under one bill, so each family member can use their own account. However, all the family members must live together. 

Since you mention that your parents live in a different city, I can recommend gift cards. You can buy a gift cards (online or in a store) for selected period of time and share them with your parent for them to enjoy all the Premium features without entering any credit card details. 

If it comes to your last question, since you used your current Premium account to log in, you won't be charged again. 

You would be charged if you'd create a new account and subscribe with it to Premium instead of using the option to log in. 

I hope you'll find this helpful! 

Suggested posts