Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shared playlist: contributors cant remove songs anymore

Shared playlist: contributors cant remove songs anymore

Me and my friend currently have the problem that only the creator of the shared playlist can remove songs from it. When a a non creator of a playlist removes a song it just reapeares in the playlist a second after, no further explanation given.
This seems to be a very recent change because we used to be able to do exactly that just a few weeks ago and i cant find an option wthin spotify to re-enable the ability for contributors to remove songs.

3 Replies

Hey @NoNameX,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Can you let us know if this is happening only with a specific playlist or all collaborative ones? Also can you please check if the playlist is marked as Private and switch that to Public and try again?

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

the issue consists througth all my shared playlists, 
the playlist was public, i switched it to private and back to public, which kicked my friend and it seems he cant join it again ... so that didnt help.

Hi @NoNameX!

You can invite them as a collaborator so that they can edit the playlist's contents by following these steps:

1. Go to the playlist you'd like them to join as a collaborator.
  2. Tap Yordan_0-1650262049581.png. The invite link is copied to the clipboard.
  3. Send them the link. When they open it, they'll be able to add or remove songs.

Hope this helps. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts