Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharing Music - Opening Spotify App

Sharing Music - Opening Spotify App

Country

USA 

Device

Google Pixel

My Question or Issue

Dear UX Designers,

Whenever a friend shares music with me via Spotify. I click on the link to listen but it does not open up in the Spotify App. Instead it gives me a snippet of the song and if I were to listen to the whole song, I would have to open up the Spotify app and type in the name/artist. This is a minor detail but it would make more sense for me as a user to have the song directly open in the Spotify App once clicked on. Could this be something that Spotify would be interested in changing in the near future? 

Thank you,

Tory

3 Replies

Hey @Torysita, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. We'll be glad to help though.

How long has this been an issue for you on your device? Did it start happening after an app or OS update?

Also, can you let us know the method your friends are sharing songs with you? 

We'll see what we can suggest.

Hi @SergioDavid,

Thanks for the reply!

This has been an issue on both my computer and google pixel phone and this did not happen after an update. I do not think this is a problem with my device. Rather, I think it may have to do with the Spotify app itself--but I could always be wrong! 

When I share songs with my friend, we share via FB messenger (check out attached file for example). 

Thanks,

Tory 

Spotify - Shared Music.JPG

Hey @Torysita.

Have you tried tapping "Play on Spotify" rather than tapping the Play button? It should prompt you to open app where you can listen to the song.

If that doesn't work, make sure that Spotify and Messenger, as well as your OS, are up-to-date.

That should do the trick. Let us know if you have further questions!

Suggested posts