Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle Simply Does Not Work

Shuffle Simply Does Not Work

I made a playlist consisting of every song I have saved by The Smashing Pumpkins and Alice in Chains. I have 79 songs by Alice in Chains and 84 by The Smashing Pumpkins. I shuffled the playlist. The first 44 songs in the queue were all by The Smashing Pumpkins. I shuffled again. The first 43 songs were by The Smashing Pumpkins. I shuffled again. The first 42 songs were by The Smashing Pumpkins. It's either this is an absolutely incredible coincidence or Spotify's shuffle is completely broken. Is there a way of fixing this?

5 Replies

Update: The problem has only gotten worse with over 50 of the first songs in the queue being by The Smashing Pumpkins.

This issue appears for me only when using Spotify Connect to control my phone from a computer.

See my related post: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/BUG-Spotify-Connect-only-shuffles-10...

I'm having the same issue as the OP.  In large playlists, certain albums just never appear when shuffling.  Performing a clean reinstall fixes the issue, but it's pretty irritating to have to do that several times a week.  

This issue only started within the last few weeks, and only on the OS X desktop app for me.  Shuffle in the iOS app doesn't have the same problem.  

Same bug here... Using the Windows desktop app to control Spotify of my iPhone.

Using Spotify Web Player in Chrome 49.0.x on Windows 7.

Shuffle worked for me yesterday. Doesn't do anything today. I click on it & the Queue order doesn't change. I cleared out all Spotify cookies as recommended on another post but that made no difference.

Any advice / suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Suggested posts