Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Shuffle even though the shuffle is disabled

Shuffle even though the shuffle is disabled

Plan: Premium Family
Device: Macbook Pro, M1, 2020
Operating System: Ventura 13.0.1 (22A400)
Browser: Google Chrome Version 107.0.5304.121

Hi. Today I found a strange thing when I listened to some Spotify radio from your website. The songs were switched in the shuffle order even though the function was disabled. Then I downloaded the desktop application and tested it there; everything worked as expected in the app. So maybe I found some bug for your developers of the website 🙂

7 Replies

Hi there @joisadler,

Thanks for reaching out. So so far you've seen this happen only on the web player, is that correct? If it happens again, please make a video of this behaviour and send it to us, we'd be happy to take a look.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Joan! Yes, it happens only on the web player. I have made a screen recording where you can see that the shuffle function is disabled, but still, I can't switch the songs in the initial order.

Hey @joisadler,

Thanks for the reply with the screen recording! This looks a bit odd.

Could you please let us know if this also happens with Spotify curated playlists? This will help us investigate further.

We'll be on the lookout for you reply. 

LyubkaModerator

In the playlists (like "Daily Mix 1" or "00s Metal Classics" etc) everything seems to work fine. The problem is only with the "[Artist Name] Radio" radios (like "Motanka Radio", "Eminem Radio" etc).

Hey there @joisadler

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you let us know if this happens on different browsers as well? Also, we'd like to know if this happens while using an incognito window too. 

On another note, we'd recommend clearing your browser's saved cache and data and try again.

Lastly, we suggest that you check if the version of your browser is up to date. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, Eni!
Clearing cache/data doesn't help as well as running in incognito. In any case, in order to start listening to the radio, I need to log in. And after login, almost all deleted data is returned to its place (I checked in the application tab in the google chrome dev tools).
The same thing happens in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. All browsers are up-to-date.

Hi there @joisadler,

Thanks for the info. We checked on our end and this appears to be expected to some extent. We've let our tech team know about this and they will inverstigate further. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts