Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Skip forward 15s on podcasts skips backward several minutes on Mobile and Desktop

Skip forward 15s on podcasts skips backward several minutes on Mobile and Desktop

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

iPhone 7 and PC

Operating System

iOS 14.6 on iPhone, Windows 10 Desktop

My Question or Issue

I've noticed when watching/listening to podcasts, sometimes when I use the Skip forward 15s, I want to say the first time I use it after being away from the screen, it skips backwards several minutes. Works normally after that, but occurs every time I listen to a podcast on either my iPhone or my desktop at least once during the listening session. 

5 Replies

Hi there @kaylarosafire,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

We tried this form our end with an iPhone and Windows 10 and we couldn't replicate the same behavior.

Can you try logging in with a different account on one of the devices to see if the issue persists? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

Another useful step to do is to try with a different internet connection.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hey there, the mobile happens on data and various WiFi sources. My home
computers is a desktop, so I only have the one internet option there.

I can try making a new account.

Hey @kaylarosafire,

Thanks for your reply and the extra info.

Testing it with a new account will be useful to determine if this is indeed account related.

We'd also like to know if this happens with any podcasts or just some in particular, and if the same behavior occurs with downloaded episodes while the Offline mode is enabled.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

same problem for me & it started today after the spotify app is updated on my win10 pc.

Hey @bayard0,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

It's possible that during the update process some of the app files got damaged. Could you run a clean reinstall and let us know if the issue persists? Note that we recommend installing the app version from the Microsoft Store as it's the one best optimized for Windows 10.

If that doesn't fix thing, could you try some of the troubleshooting steps suggested above - using a different device or a different internet network? Also, does this happen with all podcasts or only a specific one?

Keep us posted.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts