Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Small album artwork on tv - xbox one and Spotify

Small album artwork on tv - xbox one and Spotify

Please help. Does anybody know why appearance of Spotify on my tv changed when I listen to the music on xbox? I have xbox one and I use my premium Spotify account on it. Before there has always been album cover to be seen during playing music - big and clear and it looked well. But now there is some artist page (and album cover is at the bottom left part and so small) - which doesnt look good on big TV screen. Does anybody know if I can return it somehow. Or it is just some new "improvement" in update and there is nothing I can do about it? You can see the change in two attached files.

Thanks for any help.

IMG_20201030_183951.jpg
IMG_20201030_183420.jpg
10 Replies

same here. on my android tv, my account play all song with tiny albüm cover picture. But my friends account always play with big, good quality albüm art.

Thank you for replying. When I try to uninstall Spotify app and then to install it again - it comes back to nice cover display - but it won´t last long unfortunatelly and bad artist cover comes back in a minute or two (why??). I hope that some new update will repair it. Before it was okey for at least three months. It it wont get better I will have to get some other music streaming application and thats a pity.

Hey @Rocklover and @ShadowFax,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

We're constantly running tests in order to provide you with the best music experience possible. So  it's possible that you might see a difference in the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. Click here to learn more about Spotify tests.

However those differences are activated automatically from the server side, so a clean reinstall shouldn't make a difference. This points that there might be something interfering with the cache. Could you log in with a friend or family members account on your device and see if the album art is displayed the same there as well. @Rocklover we'd appreciate screenshots of the app at your end both before and after the reinstall.

@ShadowFax could you also reinstall the app and see if that makes a difference with you as well, albeit temporary? 

We'll be on the lookout for your replies! Let us know if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same here on Samsung's Tizen. Oh man where's the song progress time bar on the tv app?? On Samsung's Tizen and Fire Stick they just vanished... Dont like that small cover art at the left bottom at all!! The progress bar is not showing up, it simply disappears after 30sec, as well as the playlist name!!! I'm used to look at the progress bar to know how many minutes are left to the song ending. Plus in a party everyone wants to know the Playlist name which is now fading after a 30 seconds display... Ughhhh please fix that and tell me its not a definite feature. 

Exactly my thoughts - I hope for repair too..

It´s not better now.

Reinstall won´t help. It is official upgrade from Spotify company.

I can only hope that it will be fixed and like it was before.

But thank you for your reply Mihail .

2022 and it's the small picture in the left, when will this be fixed?

Please fix this Spotify, we want the cover art not the artist profile on our TVs! 

Still not fixed 😞 I used loved this feature but it’s not there.

I HATE that it shows the artist photo full screen now. This must have been an intentional change, so please make the old full screen album cover an option, it’s so much better.

Suggested posts