Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Smart Speaker ][Playlists] Turn off shuffle for liked songs playlist

[Smart Speaker ][Playlists] Turn off shuffle for liked songs playlist

Whenever I ask my google assistant to play my “liked songs”, every single time it will begin at random song from somewhere within my collection. At the same time, it will have shuffle on. So I have to open my Sonos/Spotify app, disable shuffle and start from the top of my playlist. Is there anyway to disable this behaviour?

2 Replies

See my link. The way it is now is terrible top put it lightly. If I really said how it is I'd risk getting my account banned. Have wasted so much time over the last 6 months trying to get a simple answer from Spotify.

When I say "Okay Google, play Liked Songs" it shouldn't shuffle the playlist, if I wanted shuffle just add the command "Okay Google, shuffle Liked Songs" or something similar. Funny thing is it used to work properly a year ago.

Again, if I didn't give the command to shuffle, why does Spotify turn it on?! I never use shuffle. Don't turn it on unless I've said it in a command or tapped the shuffle icon. Don't assume that's what I want Spotify.

And on top of that Spotify support has been completely incompetent with clarifying if this was a design decision or a Google Assistant bug. I've dealt with them over a handful of times over text chat support and it's always a waste of time.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/quot-Okay-Google-play-my-Liked-songs-quot-why-does-it-turn/... 

Exactly, the fact that you are unable to just click play on an album or playlist and have it start from the top, is so infuriating. The Spotify Support team just tells us to disable shuffle after we have already started playing, it’s utterly ridiculous!

Suggested posts