Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Social and filters improvements [All Platforms][Friend Feed][Social][Playlist][Album]

Social and filters improvements [All Platforms][Friend Feed][Social][Playlist][Album]

Hello Spotify team,

First of all, thank you for your great application that allows me to discover new music every day. I am a French premium user and I have some suggestions to improve your app.

Below, here are my questions and suggestions:

- Why is it impossible to have other/more friends than from Facebook?

Indeed, in addition to being difficult to access, the friends list lets appear only the from Facebook friends. It is impossible to have a Spotify friend user who is registered without Facebook, but rather with an email address like Gmail or another. So, it is impossible to have a not Facebook Spotify user friend.

I suggest to have a “Social” or “Friends” entry directly in the burger menu, and, into it, to have as tabs:

-       A list of my already Spotify friends

-       A list with suggested contact to add

All friends or suggested contacts may come from all social network or app allows the option to subscribe to Spotify.

If a user subscribes to Spotify with his Gmail, Hotmail, Facebook or anything else, it is absolutely necessary for him to appear here.

For each list, have the ability to sort friends by adding date, favorite etc.

- Why is it so hard to search & find users?

With Spotify, to find a user, it is necessary to write the exact user name, character by character.

For example, if a user has a username like john.doe, john Doe-01, or lot of other combinations, if I type in the search bar something like: john doe or john do, Spotify is unable to find and display users with john and doe words in his username.

Spotify just displays nothing. If I want to find john.doe, I need to type john.do.

I think this feature could be improved.

- Why do not I share music (or playlist) with any user or at least any of my subscribers?

Again, it is impossible to share with a not Facebook Spotify user friend.

For example, if I try to share a song or a playlist with a user registered with his email address, I can’t. In the search box, this user never appears like an existent Spotify user.

It is really frustrating to have to use an email, a text message or WhatsApp to share something when this operation could be executed directly in Spotify App.

- Why subscribers do not appear in my Friends list if they do not come from Facebook?

Like explained in first interrogations, just Facebook users appear in contacts list. The not Facebook users who subscribed to one of my playlist also deserve to appear here.

- Why cannot I restrict collaborative users when a playlist is collaborative?

Actually, if I make a collaborative playlist, all user who finds this playlist can edit it.

Maybe I want to make a collaborative playlist only with a user selection, without that anyone can edit.

I should have the possibility to choose what user(s) have the right to participate in this collaborative playlist. This option should be available.

- Why filter doesn’t exist to sort my saved albums by gender/style or alphabetical order?

Indeed, I would appreciate that it is possible to have the possibility to sort my albums how I want, especially by gender, with a large panel of filters.

- Why filter doesn’t exist to sort my Playlist by date, style, collaborative, followed… Or alphabetical order?

Indeed, I would appreciate that it is possible to have the possibility to sort my playlist how I want, with a large panel of filters.

Thank you for your consideration for these different subjects.

Regards,

Fabrice Natario.

1 Reply

Hi @fabriceNatario!

Welcome to the Spotify Community. We're glad you're enjoying Spotify and we appreciate all of your feedback.

To start, you can check out this thread to find more info on how to interact with users whose accounts aren't linked to Facebook. Right now, it's not possible to sort your friends by date added, favorite, etc., but you can suggest this idea here and get support from other users. 

Also, if any of your subscribers don't have an account linked to Facebook, they still will appear on your Friend List provided that you're following each other.

Regarding your Collaborative playlists, anyone that follows them can add, delete, and reorder tracks on it. We understand if you'd like to make it available to some specific users only, so we'll make sure to let our developers this is something you'd like to see.

Right now, it's not possible to sort your saved Albums by gender, but you can do it by Artist, Title, and Recently Added. You can add your vote here so that it's possible to sort your playlists as well.

Rest assured we'll pass all of your feedback on to the right team. 

All the best,

Alejandra.

Suggested posts