Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Social features stopped working (no more now playing\recently, in-app and on Facebook)

Social features stopped working (no more now playing\recently, in-app and on Facebook)

I use Spotify (Premium) via the official application on Windows 8, Windows 7 and on Windows Phone 8.

I noticed several days ago that my profile page inside the Spotify application on Windows had stopped showing now playing and recently played information.  Playlists appear to still post okay, I think.  From talking to multiple friends with Spotify accounts, I learned that I had not been showing up in anyones activity feed for some time, despite constantly using the application.  Unsurprisingly, I was able to confirm with some of the same people anda few others that no Spotify-related now playing\recently listened info had been reaching Facebook either.  The appropriate privacy information on Facebook is set correctly.

1)  This really, really sucks.  Sharing information like this is one of the reasons I chose this service.  I've been fiddling with options all day trying to figure out something or make things work fine as they had before.

2)  Something else that really, really sucks is that it's been a chore to try to troubleshoot this.  Spotify offers no easy option to contact support personally.  I'm effectively stuck filing my issue into an arbitrary support forum here, since none of them seem targeted tomy specific issue.  I'm hoping someone here will be able to help, but I've combed this site and the forums for a few hours now, and I'm less than optimistic.

3)  Related to 2, there should be an easier way to check and see if profile and Facebook options are working.  It's a big issue that I had to waste the time of my friends to try and help me figure out if something basic is working.

Sorry if the tone here is a bit harsh--I'm frustrated here.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Praises will be sung if someone could help me out here.  Doubly so if it's someone from Spotify that helps.

Thanks for reading my post.

0 Replies

Suggested posts