Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some Available Songs/Tracks Won't Play If On More Than One Album.

Some Available Songs/Tracks Won't Play If On More Than One Album.

After updating to the newest version of Spotify, I've noticed that when attempting to listen to an album that certain songs would not play. I then realized that those songs that would not play from that specific album were available on a greatist hits album and when I selected the song from the greatist hits album instead of from the album that it originates it would then play. This is pretty annoying especially if you prefer to listen to the actual album and not a greatest hits album. If this was what you had intended atleast have some sort of notification that the song is available on another album, although I'd prefer that this be corrected so that the song can be played when selected from any of the artist's albums.

4 Replies

Hello!

Moved the topic over here in the help section, since this seems to be rather a bug than an actual feature request (idea exchange). Maybe someone else can figure out what's going on here. You could already provide some more info, the Spotify links to the albums would be a good start. 😉

What device/platform are you getting this on @TheSiGuy ?

Using a Windows 8 PC. I'm not sure how to include the links of the albums I'm referring to.... I think this is what you were looking for. I found that it's not will all duplicates but it is more than one artist that it is occurring with.

Bloodhound Gang – I Hope You Die

Bloodhound Gang – Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss

Incubus – Adolescents

Could you pop a screenshot showing spotify when you try to play one of the tracks which doesn't play? 

Suggested posts