Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some songs without vocals/words/lyrics

Solved!

Some songs without vocals/words/lyrics

Hello everybody today I was listening to my playlist and some songs like Black and Yellow from Wiz Khalifa had no vocals/words/lyrics on the song just the track/beat.... Anyone knows why?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ok, found the problem (Im an idiot) The track that the spotify was playing is the ones that I had on my HDD without vocals, deleted them and now everything is fine.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

Hi @PKsillo and welcome to the community!

This probably happened because you accidentally added the instrumental/karaoke version of the song. If not, can you please link us the playlist or track (right-click > copy http link)?

Hello @Carina_ , thanks for the answer.... No... Actually I always had this song on my playlist and it had vocals but now It doesnt 😞

Wiz Khalifa – Black And Yellow

Muse – Time Is Running Out

Heres my playlist:

PKsillo's Gaming Music

Weird, what country are you in?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@PKsillo wrote:

@Hello @Carina_ , thanks for the answer.... No... Actually I always had this song on my playlist and it had vocals but now It doesnt 😞

Wiz Khalifa – Black And Yellow

Muse – Time Is Running Out

Heres my playlist:

PKsillo's Gaming Music

Thanks for the links.

Odd - I'm still hearing vocals!

Have you tried a reinstall of the app? 

I am @ Spain and yea reinstalled the app

Marked as solution

Ok, found the problem (Im an idiot) The track that the spotify was playing is the ones that I had on my HDD without vocals, deleted them and now everything is fine.

Hi I'm facing the same issue with one particular song. Earlier the same song had vocals but now it's just the instrumental and new lyrics feature has the lyrics flowing along but the vocals aren't present.

https://open.spotify.com/track/6Iug6LLjCkFFHNC7nTfksC?si=pH-Gx9VkSEijDltnCCzO0w

This is the song link - the song has 2 versions and none of them have vocals. I remeber having the vocals a month back definitely.

Hey @Sid999,

Thanks for searching for the the answer you need here.

We tested out the link you sent at our end it seems this version contains no vocals. Could you send over the Spotify URI of both versions you found? We'll be happy to take a closer look.

Keep in mind that it's possible that the available content get's changed over time. Some reasons for this include the licensing agreements with right holders. This however doesn't mean that the version with vocal won't be back at some point - just keep an eye out 🙂

Keep us posted, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

sure i understand
this is the uri as requested and , my mistake theres only one version, the
other is a remix with a different artist.

spotify:track:6Iug6LLjCkFFHNC7nTfksC

Hey @Sid999,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We tested the track anew - it's indeed only the instrumental. However, as mentioned - that doesn't mean that the version with vocals won't reappear. Be sure to check from time to time.

Hope this is helpful but don't hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

Mihail Moderator

hi, i dont think this is a glitch because another song by the same sub
artist
spotify:track:2mGAYIzrMxQ7v5Xw2d2kh9
also recently lost its vocals so i guess its copyright issues.

Hi , it would be really helpful if you can let me know when the song will be uploaded with vocals because that's one of my favorite songs and I don't feel like switching to another app bcuz all my playlists are here . 

Hey @Sid999,

Thanks for posting.

The best way to stay updated on new releases is to follow the band you mention. When a new track get's uploaded on their page it will come up in one of the iterations of the Release Radar in the Made for You section of Your Library. You can find out more about it here.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator

I have the opposite problem ~ just vocals, no music on Tom's Diner by Suzanne Vega ~ https://open.spotify.com/track/6XDT1C06QipSG24mMTuTEW?si=VlFGsA7lSsq_dJJzT6B8fA&utm_source=copy-link any ideas?

This has only happened in the last week or so.

Suggested posts