Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Some stuff on my playlist became unavailable?

Some stuff on my playlist became unavailable?

Hey!

So I was hoping I wasn't the only one to have noticed, but a couple of quick searches turned up nothing!

I had a few songs on my playlist from the album Yolk by Japanese Voyeurs!

Music preference aside, today they dissappeared on my Android device. I double checked on my PC and they are still in my playlist and still playable, however the album page has all but four tracks greyed out. If I re-add to my playlist they all appear on my PC but not my phone. Also worth mentioning, the web player indeed will not play the greyed out tracks.

Interestingly, if I add the tracks twice they appear twice on my PC but once each on my phone.

So if you haven't been able to tell - I'm a little confused.

I have no idea if this is an issue behind the scenes, and issue with any of the three platforms I just mentioned or if the tracks have simply been made unplayable but something like caching is making them still playable on some of my devices.

Any advice? Thanks.

2 Replies

I've had that happen too. What I fugured out is that that composer was no longer allowing his or her music to be used on spotify (at least in the US). Beyond that possibility, I have no clue. 😕

Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

It is likely that the artist or their music label has decided to remove it from Spotify.

Sometimes it takes a while for the app to update and detect that the song is no longer playable.

The availability of songs on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.
Spotify has no control over what content is available.

Sometimes it is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts