Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song Playback Stopped on PS4

Song Playback Stopped on PS4

Plan

Premium

Country

Premium- Germany

Residence- Bangladesh

Device

PS4

Operating System

Version 9.0

My Question or Issue

It's a very complicated thing for whatever reason.

I recently got premium and connected my ps4 account to my Spotify account. It worked fine for 1 day but from the next day it has not been working at all. When I try to launch the app, it stays on loading for a really long time then gives me an error message with a long sequence of letters and numbers. Also when I try to play any song from the ps quick many it just says "Song playback stopped" and doesn't work. Now whats weird is that my account works fine on other ps4s (I've tried it on 3 different ps4s from my friends and it works just fine). I've also tried making several other Spotify accounts and connected those to my psn account and they also work fine. But my main account with my premium on it just doesn't work on my ps4 at all regardless of who's psn account I use . Again, my premium account works on all ps4 except my ps4 but then again every other Spotify account works on my ps4 except mine. It also works fine on my phone and my laptop and PC.

Can someone please reach out and help

13 Replies

Hey there @Aamer_

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We suggest that you try reinstalling the app on your PlayStation. Additionally, make sure that there aren't any pending system software updates for your PS4. 

On another note, we're afraid we can't guarantee the proper functionality of the app in Bangladesh as Spotify is not available on PlayStation there. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Ok so, I've sent as far as to buying a completely new ssd for my ps4 and reinstall the system software itself and I made sure it's the latest version and I still face the same problems. This problem is only recurring on my ps4. I've tried using Spotify in my account on my friends' Ps4s and they worked just fine. I'm not sure what the issue here is exactly. I could use a different Spotify account on my ps4 which works but that would mean I don't get to use my premium. I've tried fiddling with my network settings such as dns, different WiFi, and mtu settings but to no avail. PS: my PlayStation account is in the US Region so compatibility and availability of the app shouldn't be an issue. English is only my second language so I understand if my wording is a bit off. I'm willing to elaborate more and provide any more information required for this.

Hi @Aamer_

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you ask a friend or a relative with a Premium account to log in to their account in your PS4 to check if the issue persists with a different Premium account?

We'll be on the lookout. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

My friends and I share the same premium family plan so I asked them to let me try their accounts on my playstation. Those worked fine. Just to reiterate, my account was also working fine. I've used my account on my PlayStation for 2 years now and it has been working fine until around 2 weeks ago.

Hey @Aamer_,

Thanks for the reply.

Are you able to play music on the PS from the app via the Connect feature? For example start playing music from your phone and then switch to the PS4 from the Connect device picker.

We'd also recommend disconnecting your Spotify account from your PS account and linking them again. You can see how to do that here.

Keep us posted if this works 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Neither of the options are working for me sadly. I've tried using other Spotify accounts from the same premium family plan I share and they work just fine. ONLY my Spotify account doesn't work on ONLY my ps4. It works on other ps4s just fine.

Hey @Aamer_,

Thanks for the post.

Something else you can try is to check whether the country of your Spotify account matches the country on your Playstation account.

Keep us posted on this.

AlexModerator

Um so, my playstation account region is US but my Spotify premium is Germany because I'm part of a family plan made by my friends. This still should be an issue because their account works just fine on my playstation. Only mine doesn't work. It used to work before for the past 2 years but now recently it is not working no matter what I try. 

Shouldn't be an issue*

Hi @Aamer_,

Thank you for keeping in touch. 

There are other things we can suggest to you, but keep in mind that since Spotify isn't officially supported on PSN in Bangladesh we cannot assure things will work, so there's only so much we can do. 

Have you tried using a different internet connection? If you're using WIFI, switch to ethernet and vice versa. 

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

Yes, I've tried using vpns, different WiFi networks, and different DNA and MTU settings. None of them helped.

Hey @Aamer_,

Thanks for the post.

In this case we'd recommend you reach out to our customer suppor team through one of the channels here. You can ask them to check if there is corrupted cache on some of your Offline devices and clear that.

This could also be causing issues.

If that doesn't work, try changing the country on your Spotify account to match the country of your PSN and the country you're currently living in.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Ok sure, Il talk to them and get back to you.

Suggested posts