Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song plays for longer than song duration

Song plays for longer than song duration

Plan

Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

Google Home Mini, Xiaomi Mi A2

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Sometimes the song plays for longer than the duration of the song. I think this issue only occurs when using my Google Home Mini. 

Screenshot_20200711-025900~2.png
4 Replies

I'm experiencing the same issue. The song keeps playing way beyond it's duration, few hours over usually, it's started long time ago and now happens very often. I wouldn't be too concerned about this if I didn't scrobble my songs on Last.fm which creates hundreds of 'false' scrobbles of the same song. I presume it might have something to do with using Spotify on multiple devices, on PC, smartphone, Echo & Sonos speakers but I'm not sure if that's the case. Did someone find out how to fix that or any idea what is causing it?

Hey @Konorok and @ethanxlee,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread. Could you let us know if the issue persists after resetting your router and connecting the devices anew? It would be useful if you could also give another internet connection, such as a mobile hotspot a go. That way we can determine if the issue is network related.

If that doesn't fix things, we recommend that you unlink your Spotify account from the Google Home app and clean reinstall both apps. You can find the relevant steps for Spotify here. This let's you start afresh by removing any corrupted files and resynchs the connection between the apps.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi,

No worries about the slow response. I haven't had the issue in quite a while myself so I won't be able to let you know if any troubleshooting can fix this. Hopefully the other user here may be able to assist you. 

Cheers for the help.

Hey @ethanxlee,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy to hear to hear that the issue got resolved for you in the end. If there's anything else we can help out with - we're right here for you.

Cheers!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts