Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Song request

Solved!

Song request

I cannot find the following song:

Song: Kuyashii Keredo Shiawaseyo

Singer:Okumura Chiyo

Can Spotify add the song or the artist.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@ferguner

The artist can contact their distributor or label and ask their music to be uploaded on Spotify.

It's possible for Spotify to get in contact with the label too, but the process is a lot faster artist-side.

Check out this thread for more information. 🙂

If you're interested in how artists get their music on Spotify, then this website has some interesting FAQ. It's generally meant for artists wanting to get on Spotify, but it's an interesting read for others too.

Hope this clears things up a bit more 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @ferguner

This artist doesn't seem to be on Spotify at all.

Content availability depends on artists and labels. Sometimes agreements can't be reached, sometimes artist decides not to put it up to be streamed, other times there are changes in licensing, distribution and other matters. All of which can result in some content being unavailable.

You can try asking the artist about this though (artist page on social media for example), maybe you'll be answered and in best case they'll see that someone wants them on Spotify too. 🙂

Have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star

Actually i dont know the procedure of the song addition to the Spotify. Doesn't the Spotify requests from the Artist itself?

İf Spotify requested the content but the artist doesnt allow to stream, then i'd expect to see the album or song with an explanation "unavailable content because ... reason" etc.

Anyway. Thanks for reply @Sebasty.

I learned that we cannot request a song from Spotify.

Marked as solution

@ferguner

The artist can contact their distributor or label and ask their music to be uploaded on Spotify.

It's possible for Spotify to get in contact with the label too, but the process is a lot faster artist-side.

Check out this thread for more information. 🙂

If you're interested in how artists get their music on Spotify, then this website has some interesting FAQ. It's generally meant for artists wanting to get on Spotify, but it's an interesting read for others too.

Hope this clears things up a bit more 🙂

SebastySpotify Star

yes, excessively clears the case. Thank you @Sebasty

Suggested posts