Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs ending early when cast to TV

Songs ending early when cast to TV

Devices:

Iphone 13 pro max

LG TV

My Question or Issue

When using the spotify LG TV app accessing our spotify account off a IPhone 13 Promax the last 5-10 seconds of the playing song is cut off and the next song begins. It happens regardless of the playlist or song, and happens for every song. The problem does not persist using the iphone Bluetoothed, cast, or through the phone itself, only in combination with the TV. Using a Samsung S21 linked to the TV there is no problem. We have already tried to remedy the problem by adjusting "gapless" "crossfade" and "automix" audio options.

107 Replies

Every song now, seems to have started a couple months ago

If every Spotify song skips just before the end, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your internet connection. If your internet connection is weak or unstable, it can cause playback issues. Make sure you have a stable internet connection while listening to Spotify.

2. Clear the cache of the Spotify app. Sometimes, a corrupted cache can cause issues with playback. To clear the cache, go to the app settings, select "Storage," and then "Clear Cache."

3. Disable any battery-saving mode on your device. Battery-saving modes can sometimes interfere with playback, so try turning them off while using Spotify.

4. Check for updates for the Spotify app. If you're not running the latest version of the app, update it from the app store.

5. Try logging out of your Spotify account and then logging back in.

6. Try reinstalling the Spotify app. Sometimes, reinstalling the app can help fix playback issues.

Give me a shout if these steps didnโ€™t help you out!

Highest regards,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for the detailed instructions, Prague, very much appreciated. Unfortunately, nothing seemed to help. Iโ€™ll respond to your points in detail.

1. Internet is solid. Have >200 Mbps spectrum service and using an Ethernet otg adapter with the fire stick now to avoid any WiFi congestion issues. Problem first started couple months ago on an iPad with the fire stick offline and continues on the fire stick using wifi or Ethernet.

3. Using Ethernet on the fire stick thereโ€™re no battery issues or wifi power save/sleep issues.

2,4,5,6. Tried them all in sequence ending with full uninstall/reinstall of the app on all devices (fire stick, iPad, and iPhone). Nothing helped. Fire stick still skipping as bad as ever.

Any additional help you can provide will be appreciated. 

It's my pleasure, so if none of the above reasons seem to be the cause of the skipping, here are a few more possibilities to consider

1. Crossfade settings: If you have the crossfade feature enabled in Spotify, it could be causing the skipping. Crossfade blends the end of one song with the beginning of the next, so if there's an issue with the transition, it could cause skipping.
  2. Audio drivers: If your computer's audio drivers are outdated or corrupted, it could cause issues with audio playback. Try updating your audio drivers to see if that solves the problem.

3. Antivirus software: Sometimes, antivirus software can interfere with Spotify's playback. Try temporarily disabling your antivirus software to see if that solves the issue.

4. Hardware issues: If none of the above solutions work, it's possible that there's a hardware issue with your device. This could be anything from a faulty audio cable to a malfunctioning speaker. Try using Spotify on a different device or with a different set of speakers to see if the problem persists.

If the issue continues to persist after trying all of these solutions, it may be worth contacting Spotify's customer support team directly.

Finally sunny for me in the Sierras ๐Ÿ™‚

Warm wishes,

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks, again, Prague, for your continued help. This problem was first noticed/reported using an iPad in an environment known to have sketchy WiFi coverage, so it's "possible" the skipping/pausing at that time was caused by poor WiFi and happened at times other than the last 10-30 sec of a song.  Attempts to reproduce the problem on the iPad now have been unsuccessful, so I'm gonna go with the above assumption and focus on the current, repeatable issue happening on a Gen 3 Fire TV stick.

Your points 1-3 above aren't applicable to the stick as the app running there has no settings available to the user, and since it's not a PC things like audio drivers updates and antivirus s/w also don't apply.  Unfortunately, your point #4, or something like it, is looking more likely.  We have other Gen 3 Fire TV sticks available to text with and we're doing that now. Early indications using these other sticks in different environments, but still using the same Spotify acct, aren't showing any issues.  We'll let you know shortly how one of these other sticks performs in the target environment where the problem is occurring. 

This is also happening to me. It started a day ago and itโ€™s driving me crazy. I also unpaired my account and re-added it and it did not help. Have you had any luck yet with a fix? 

Also had this issue on my LG TV... Very frustrating 

No joy so far. I've tried unpairing as well Uninstaling the app on both the TV and the phone. Next attempt it to try and b

It started happening to me too. 

Same problem here, OLED65CX9LA, webOS 5.4.3-36. This can be clearly seen from the duration of the song. Shortly before the song ends, the duration is shortened by few seconds (see attachment). The problem occurs, for example, with this song: https://open.spotify.com/intl-de/track/5k7gd1MKXJltmaX5VxiPvN?si=2dea1dc88eca4fd5
Please fix the problem, it's very frustrating.

And I am a premium subscriber of a family plan. So itโ€™s not a free user issue. And o have been for many years. 

Same problem here on my LG-TV. Very annoying. Reinstalling the app didn't help.

LG TV, same issue, and also only started happening yesterday.

Same problem here, doesnt matter which options I use, nothing works. Makes the experience a lot worse ๐Ÿ˜ž
Is this a spotify or LG problem?

Same issue here, we have LG TV as well.

I tried to turn off the crossfade and automix functions from the mobile app (iOS), but these settings are not available when the mobile app is connected to the TV app.

Really annoying.

Same here, also since a couple of months. But only on my HK Enchant Soundbar with build-in Chromecast and last software update years ago. Must have been a change on Spotify side.

No problem on my smartphone, tablet, laptop or Google TV (Sony), so hard to blame it on WiFi. Restart of router does not resolve the issue.

Also did a complet factory reset of my Soundbar without succes.

Very annoying as we mainly listen to Spotify on the Soundbar obviously.

Please fix whatever was broken a couple of months ago at Spotify.

Doesn't work for me.

The HK Soundbar is just Chromecasting from any device (smartphone, table or laptop).

Hi folks, 

Thanks for your posts here in the Community and welcome.

We'll need to gather more info about what's happening first. Does this only happen when you control the music from your mobile device? Or does it also happen when just playing music directly on the TV? Additionally, let us know if you've already tried reinstalling the app on the TV. If not, we'd suggest doing it. You can check how to do it with these steps from the LG webpage.

Lastly, so we can investigate further, send over the OS version you have installed on the TV, along with the make, model, and OS version of the mobile device you're using. 

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Happens when using the spotify app for the lg tv as well. Have not tried reinstalling as the other comments mentioned it did not resolve the issue

lg webos tv oled65cxpua

version 04.41.45

Suggested posts