Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

Solved!

Songs keep skipping by themselves. HELP.

vybz
Casual Listener

I'm using a free plan and using a HP pavilion Chromebook on Chrome OS 65. 

I cannot download the actual spotify player because im on Chromebook so i use the web player a lot but recently whenever a start a song, it skips after 2 second, then again and for every song. It just keeps skipping after a couple seconds. 

I've went through a lot of threads but they were all from around 2014 so i created a new one, if there is a new answer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Elena

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts.

We're sorry to hear you're still having trouble with with. We can confirm that this ongoing issue should now be fixed, so your issue might be caused by something else.

Make sure to take a look at the supported browsers listed here. If you've checked that would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've done?

We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

fearmakasu
Casual Listener

Here is what you do, go onto the spotify app on your chromebook and click on the 3 dots on the right hand corner, then click on app info. Once you do that, click allow protected content. and then refresh the app. Now it should be working! If youre on the web player on chrome browser then just press on the lock symbol on the left hand side of the url on top, then allow protected content right there. Refresh. Now it should be working for you too!

121 Replies

salamander345

I was having the same issue. I made sure i allowed for higher content playback, but most importantly i updated to the latest version of chrome.

I think spotify only works properly on the latest version of chrome because of some security something. 

hopefully this helps someone.

click on clock/ battery > settings (gear icon) > about chrome os > click update

terabyteman
Casual Listener

Hello, I keep experiencing this issue of Web Player keeps skipping song by themselves.  I am a paying customer and only want to use the web player on my computer.  The web player was working fine until November 2020.  My Spotify is setup so that it is not connected to Facebook, and I have it setup not to share my usage with FaceBook. However, I am seeing the Web Player getting hung up with my FireFox Facebook container as Web Player Spotify is making Facebook call and my FireFox contain is getting alerted and halting the web call.

This tells me Spotify needs to change the Web Player 3rd party trackers.

I think this is why the web player is skipping songs, as Spotify is making calls to Facebook.  And between my AdBlockers, my FB AdBlocker and my FB Container in Firefox, the web player is now broken,

Spotify needs to design this to NOT use Facebook as a required tracker.

Please fix.

Alex

Hi there @terabyteman,

Thanks for sharing your troubleshooting with the Community!

At this point we'd suggest trying a different browser if you're experiencing issues with Firefox.

Let us know if you experience the same using another browser.

Thanks.

AlexModerator

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

terabyteman
Casual Listener
Hello,

I have tested it with Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi browsers.

You all need to make some changes around the 3rd party trackers, or quit using them.

-- Tom Burgess

AlteriusOmega
Regular

I'm having a very similar issue but using the actual Spotify dekstop app, not the web app. I've had the same issue on the Android app as well. It seems like a deeper problem with the Spotify player.

When this happens, Spotify just continuously skips through songs. In my case, it doesn't play any audio, just skips through tracks every fraction of a second. 

I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, changing the default audio device for Spotify in Windows settings, and running as administrator, but nothing has solved the issue. Spotify developers really need to step up and fix this problem. It's been an ongoing issue for me for years.

Ver

Hey @AlteriusOmega,

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community 🙂

It looks like you are experiencing a different type of issue. We can see that you also posted in this thread. We'll try our best to help you out there.

If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Stay safe!

VerModerator
"Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations." ―Zig Ziglar

Azelphuren

I'm still having this issue. It only seems to happen on Chromium-based browsers, which would also make sense as to why it was occurring on Chromebooks. I'm using raw chromium. It also started happening on the same day as everyone else; October 5th.

Katerina

Hey there @Red203 and @Azelphuren,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Our tech teams are currently looking into this - you can find out more info here.

Keep in mind that they've done some of their magic backstage so it should be resolved like @Elharp6520 shared.

However, if you're still having troubles, make sure to share your details in the Ongoing Issue thread so we can pass them along.

Hope this is helpful! Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." - Mark Twain

Tachi_107
Casual Listener

Hi, I'm still having the issue. As @Red203 mentioned, I'm getting four failed POST requests, with error 403. Three out of four seems referring to "widevine-license", but it's strange, since my browser can play DRM content with widevine without issues. 

Leaving a screenshot here, may be useful.

spotify-web-skips--widevine.PNG

Red203
Regular

Same thing on my computer - the problem persists 

Red203
Regular

For me it didn't solve the problem as well

Red203
Regular

Also - I've tested it on another Chromium based accessible browser, and it is the same. It is something that was done on the Spotify side around October 5th

Red203
Regular
I have the same problem - premium user, using Spotify on an accessible, Chromium based, browser. Strated to me (and all the people that I know that use this same browser), a few days ago

Red203
Regular

Two additional quick comments - 

1. I tried the suggestions on this thread and it diodn't solve the problem for me.

2. When skipping, the error that is returned is - 403. This is hapenning 5 times. After that Spotify starts playing the 6th song, and after another 9.5 sec it stops (it shows as if it continues to play, but it doesn't). 

I'll appriciate a response from Spotify.

Xenia

Hello @Red203,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

If you're still experiencing the issue after clearing browser cache and cookies and logging out and back in we'd suggest going through the following steps:

• Try using another account to see if that makes a difference.
  • Try a different network connection (if possible).
  • If you're using a VPN, try disabling it and connect to a regular home network instead.
  • Temporarily disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software, and turn off Proxy if in use.

If none of the above helps, just let us know and we’ll see if we can think up some other things to try.

Keep us posted - We’ll be right here if you still need help!

XeniaModerator
"Where words fail, music speaks." - Hans Christian Andersen

toitoyspot

spotify gone crasy 2020-10-19 15_04_46-Spotify — Открытия недели - Vivaldi.png

munraito
Casual Listener
Still not fixed for me, too
Solution!

Elena

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts.

We're sorry to hear you're still having trouble with with. We can confirm that this ongoing issue should now be fixed, so your issue might be caused by something else.

Make sure to take a look at the supported browsers listed here. If you've checked that would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've done?

We'll have an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

View solution in original post

Ienz
Music Fan
Nope, it still does not work on my PC's web player (Chrome, already tried Incognito tab; premium subscriber). Please fix it or advise us how to fix it, otherwise I see no point in maintaining my Spotify subscription. Thanks! 🙂

Tachi_107
Casual Listener

Yep, I can confirm the issue is fixed. Thanks everyone ❤️

SUGGESTED POSTS