Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs skip in playlists while the shuffle button is turned off

Songs skip in playlists while the shuffle button is turned off

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports from users that songs may shuffle and skip ahead while the shuffle button is turned off.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
53 Replies

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

First, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here.

If after that you’re still having trouble with this, could you provide us with the following info:

• Device + OS version
  • Exact Spotify version
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far
  • A video recording showing your playlist, the queue and how the songs are being skipped

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

Ver Moderator

Hey everyone,

It's been a couple of weeks since we received any new contacts or reports. We'll move this thread back to the help boards.

If you're still having trouble with this, make sure to comment with the info we asked for and we'll be happy to take another look.

Take care!

Mihail Moderator

I sent all the info before and the problem wasn't solve.

I'm sorry if I don't trust in spotify forums to get any help...

Hi @LSMelo,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

The fix was implemented a few weeks ago, have you made sure your app is updated? 

If not, please run a clean reinstall, this will make sure you're up to date and free of old cache files. 

Let us know how this goes. 

MafeGModerator

I tried a clean reinstall, but the problem has not gone away.  It still skips ahead when I return after a while.

Hey @geekboy5,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you let us know your current app version as of now?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I am using version 8.6.58.994.  I'm not sure if this is true, but it seems like the skipping is a little less severe than before - it only moves ahead three or four tracks, where before it might have gone ten tracks.  But I'm not sure because I've only been using the new version a short time.

Hey @geekboy5

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Looks like there's a newer app version available that was launched recently. Could you make sure to update your app and let us know if you notice any difference? 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I tried the new version, but still have the same error.  It's possible it's skipping less than before, but it's not going to the next track right when I start.

The same here, even with clean re-install...

Hey folks,

Thanks for the replies.

Can you ask a friend/ family member to log in with their account on your device and check whether you experience the same issue?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

I have been experiencing this issue for maybe a month now. There are 2 solutions I have found, and whatever the moderators have mentioned were not helpful to me as I’ve done all of the above. One thing I found was that if I am playing a certain playlist without the shuffle button enabled, (lets say I have 10 songs) I use the skip button a few times and then click back on the original song and they start to work as they should. But, I have to keep doing this after a while. Another solution I found was that this problem only started to happen a month ago, once my Spotify playlist started to get massive with over 100 hours of music. I noticed the app started to freeze a little more than usual. This might be a contribution to some extra problems happening in your Spotify app. I would suggest Spotify look into this problem more precisely instead of offering mediocre solutions that don’t solve the root of the problem. A video may help show them what is happening in your playlist as you are playing your songs. Good luck. 

Finnaly someone wised. I will try since moods kept telling the same false solution. Is a shame that Spotify didn't solve this issue. No respect for us, the guys who pays every month.

Apparently, someone fixed something in a recent update, because for the last two weeks my Spotify has been working perfectly.  Please pass along my thanks to the software team.

Suggested posts