Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Songs stop playing, app going offline

Hi,

When playing music om my LG device I get the error ID: sp_plugin_general_error

What should I do?

The error occurs when playing music, not during start up.

2014-01-17 13.51.49.jpg
29 Replies

What device is that and what OS version and spotify version? That error is probably unrelated to Spotify. Are you using any other apps at the same time?

i have the same problem

My previous post should be a clue.......what device and operating system are you using?

LG bh 7230 home cinema

LG bh7230 home cinema

So you have the spotify app on your 7230 and are having issues with it? You need to get in touch with LG support and they'll help.

error is probably related to Spotify

Please tell me how you'd know that.....

I have the same problem!!

On LG BH512S

I can listen but after 3,4,5,6,8 minutes... Zas! The  music stop and the same error: sp_plugin_error_general

I think its an Spotify problem... the other apps works fine...

LG implement spotify on their devices so they really should be your first contact point. If they tell you it is a spotify error, then get in touch with Spotify support.

@jwylot wrote:

LG implement spotify on their devices so they really should be your first contact point. If they tell you it is a spotify error, then get in touch with Spotify support.

So that's just the problem. LG says they don't know whether it's their problem or Spotify's, 

They are pointing at each other, while we're having trouble on our devices.... 😞 

Don't you just hate is when that happens. Get in touch with spotify support and let's see what they say. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, make sure to reply to it directly to speed things along.

Well nice to know I am not the only one having this same problem with mine LG blueray LG HX773W . It's also keep crashing after the first few songs. Since other apps are working just fine, i conclude this error has mainly to do with the badly designed spotify app.

LG HX773W

main version: bd3.414.40127.c

servo ver: h14ims0920

@Askeladden78 wrote:

Well nice to know I am not the only one having this same problem with mine LG blueray LG HX773W . It's also keep crashing after the first few songs. Since other apps are working just fine, i conclude this error has mainly to do with the badly designed spotify app.

LG HX773W

main version: bd3.414.40127.c

servo ver: h14ims0920

Well, as a matter of fact, I think indeed this error is related to Spotify itself, although I don't get any response from Spotify or whatsoever. 

I tried to contact LG several times and they tell me it's in investigation, but I doubt. I find it hard to accept that. They just tell me to wait for any updates in the future...... 😞 😞

Is there anybody out there with an answer?? Could I just reinstall the app itself? I already did several factory resets, but that didnt help..... 

😞 

Same problem here. LG BP430N Blu Ray Player with SW BD3.412.40122.c, serve ver: H14MN0920.

When does somebody of Spotify comes in and tells us what's the problem!!!! 

If this continues, I'm surely cancel my subscription these days 😞 

Well in this case I'm not convinced that it's entirely up to Spotify to fix this problem.

LG needs to roll out a new Firmware to the devices affected....

They are telling me (like support reps often do) that "there will soon be a fix"...

"Soon" is a word often (mis)used in these cases, unfortunately meaning everything between seconds an millenniums.

But I sure feel the same way regarding paying for nothing awaiting fixes 🙂

@Pexer wrote:

Well in this case I'm not convinced that it's entirely up to Spotify to fix this problem.

LG needs to roll out a new Firmware to the devices affected....

They are telling me (like support reps often do) that "there will soon be a fix"...

"Soon" is a word often (mis)used in these cases, unfortunately meaning everything between seconds an millenniums.

But I sure feel the same way regarding paying for nothing awaiting fixes 🙂

Thnx for the reply Pexer!

Indeed this happened to me as well, they still keep telling me to be patient, still in investigation and whatsoever......

fact is, I still can't use Spotify on my device and partially that's the reason I bought my device...

REALLY HOPE LG DOEING SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.....

Wohooo!!! Finally I have received a fix from LG for my BP430N.

The new version is BD3.412.40305.C and they sent it to me through mail after contacting the Swedish support through phone.

The Spotify app is now working as far as I can see. No Hangs 🙂

Suggested posts