Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sonos] Issue with New Albums Showing Up on Artist Pages

[Sonos] Issue with New Albums Showing Up on Artist Pages

I have noticed that some weeks when new albums get added they do not show up on the Sonos artist pages.  This got better for a while, but it is happening again.  It really seems like it is just not updating for some reason (not sure if this is related to the "Top Tracks" issues not updating).  For example, Tune-Yards and Wye Oak that came out recently do not show up when I search for the artist and go to the artist page.  However I CAN find the album and play it on Sonos if I do a [artist] [album] search.  An example of this would be "wye oak shriek".

This happens on all platforms of the Sonos controller.  I have tried to remove my account and reauthorize it with Sonos and that didn't do the trick.

I also reported it this via the contact form before which was absolutely a waste of my time since the person who responded just kept saying that "some albums and songs are not available in all regions".  That is not the problem here - these are fully playable if you search for them a certain way and playable on all other Spotify platforms for me.

Figured I would post about this here in hopes of it getting some recognition.  With this issue it just makes it harder to start playing music via Sonos.  Really just crossing my fingers for Your Music integration... 

4 Replies

Is there any way that someone from the community team can relay this?  This has been a problem forever and no one seems to care.  Again I already sent something using the contact form and that was a waste of time.

Sonos is my primary way of listening to Spotify (use it more than mobile, even), so as someone who listens to full albums instead of playlists, this makes it much harder to use.

If the album appears on Spotify artist pages but not inside the Sonos controller app, that would incline me to believe the issue is with the Sonos app not Spotify.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peter wrote:
If the album appears on Spotify artist pages but not inside the Sonos controller app, that would incline me to believe the issue is with the Sonos app not Spotify.

It is an issue with the way the API interfaces with Sonos.  It is a 2-side thing.  Something is not updating somewhere and it seems to be more account specific.

I'm going to check with Sonos again on the issue as well.

I dropped Spotify premium after the 30 day trial. The Spotify/Sonos integration is very poor. If they could find a way to make the Sonos App work like Rhapsody's Sonos app then I would sign up. It's not worth paying premium just to get Led Zeppelin, which Rhapsody doesn't offer.

Suggested posts