Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sonos] Logging in

Solved!

[Sonos] Logging in

Premium subscribers that joined before our partnership with Facebook can log into Sonos with their unique username and password. 

However, users that login with their Facebook details will need to retrieve a username and create a device password.

With this username (a series of digits) and password, Facebook users can login to their partner devices (Sonos, Squeezebox, Onkyo, WD, Boxee Box or TiVo system). 

473 Replies

Hi lifeGuy-- I've just responded to the case you opened with our support team. 

Please check your inbox, as well as your SPAM folder. 

Manually sent reset email arrived yesterday from support. Sonos connected now, thanks.
Rob.

Thanks Meredith. I noticed one of the email addresses was wrong on that email.  the dennisbrowning one should be dennis.browning.

Glad you got the email--the first email address is what we have linked to your account. 

If this email is incorrect you can change it by logging into our site and selecting the 'Edit profile' tab. 

Hi. Got a problem.

I have gotten my mail about getting a password, and I've done what it says.

But when I try to login it says "There was a problem adding this account. To use this account with Sonos, you must first upgrade it with Spotify to become a full subscriber."

I am a premium user. And I can install it on my Iphone and Ipad. So, what's the problem?

My decive username is: 120217757

Please help me!

I have the same problem. Just signed up for a premium account. Set a device-password (via email). Trying to connect my Squeezebox Touch to this account (with device username and device password). I only get a message that i need a premium account. My device name is 111457548. What is wrong? Can anybody manually set this password and send me?

Zopa110 - Your username has another '1' in the front of it: 1120217757

I've checked your account and the Premium upgrade has gone through, please give it another try with that username.

Runett - I've checked your upgrade as well, please give it another try.

Thank you. Today it worked. Seems like it just needed som time to activate my premium account.

everytime i click device username link it takes me to edit my profile and i cant connect to my new spotify account cause of this stupid facebook thing

Mrharpermayo - Since you have your own unique username you don't need to retrieve a device username (this is only for users that joined via Facebook).

Just log in with your 'mr.harpermayo' username and Spotify password.

Meredith, a reply was send on tuesday from scott.bevins@ and we still have not seen anything come back.

Hi lifeGuy,

Please have a look in your inbox as I can see that an email was sent to you two days ago containing your password reset link.

can you confirm what email address it went to?

just got it. Thanks!

Like others I upgraded my Spotify account so that I may play music from Spotify through my Sonos. I tried to connect to Spotify but the message came back that my Spotify account details do not match the password. The user name is correct as per my account details and whilst it accepted the password previously it does not accept it now. Is it a password problem or a linking Sonos with Spotify problem? Please could you let me know Thanks.

Hi SteveB-

In order to use Spotify on a Sonos device a Premium subscription is required--at the moment your 'steveb#2' is just on the Unlimited subscription.

You can upgrade to Premium quick easily from your subscription page.

Thanks. At least I know now.

I have a premium subscription. I can log in on the web and with the iPhone client, but Sonos insists that I don't have a subscription. Both my Spotify account and my Sonos system are located and registrered in Belgium.

I opened a support ticket on March 2nd, a week ago. I got an automated reply that i would hear from spotify soon and my case id 292171 . On March 5th Andy wrote me:

Thanks for your email, please bear with us while we look into this for you.
Best wishes, 

Andy 

Spotify Customer Service - Cambridge 

If I'm not in, anyone else on our dedicated Spotify team can read my notes and help you.
This is the last contact I had. I regret very much that you guys keep me waiting for a week with no solution and no real communication. Please tell me what's going on.
Steven

hdcasey - You should be able to log into your Sonos with the original username 'hdcasey' and your Spotify password. Are you not able to?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

No, I can't log in on the Sonos. It says I've got no subscription, which I do have according to the web login and the iOs client.

Steven

Suggested posts