Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Sonos assistant Google, Tesla,... ,][Other] Multiple sessions for Spotify duo and family

[Sonos assistant Google, Tesla,... ,][Other] Multiple sessions for Spotify duo and family

Currently, Spotify only allows one session at a time per account, even with duo (2 accounts bundled) or family (6 accounts bundled) subscriptions. 

In order to take full advantage of Spotify's integration, the number of simultaneous sessions should match the subscription regardless of the account (duo = 2 sessions and family = 6 sessions). 

This is not a problem if the usage is limited to the Spotify application. 

However, problems arise when you want to make full use of Spotify's integration with third-party systems, as you can only set up one account. 

On a day-to-day basis, it looks like this: You play music in your house (connected speaker alexas, google, sonos, home automation system ...). Then another person launches music in the office, but it stops the music in the living room (1 session at a time!). Then your spouse takes the car with Spotify integrated, but it cuts the music at home (1 session at a time!)... 

Sonos offers to enter several accounts, but the features become very limited...

2 Replies

Hey there @Wattokp,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help Board, where it fits better.

Currently, you can log in and listen to Spotify on as many devices as you like, but you can only play on one device at a time with one account. 

Keep in mind that being on a plan, like Premium Duo/Family, users share only the Premium service, but the playback is independent for each account, and each account has the limit of one device at a time.

On another note, some third party devices like Sonos, have the option to link multiple Spotify profiles, some other devices only allow to link one profile like Amazon Devices, but this is something we can't control as it's up to the third part (Sonos, Amazon, Google) to decide how many accounts/profiles you can link per device. 

For devices like Sonos, you just need to make sure to change the Spotify profile to the one you want to use from the Sonos App before starting the playback. 

Additionally, even though it's not possible to use multiple Spotify accounts on your Amazon speakers, you can work around this by creating an Amazon Household and adding additional accounts. The Amazon devices will then let you switch between user profiles via voice command, so if you associate multiple Amazon accounts with different Spotify ones, you can get the desired effect.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

No ! The solution you propose is not a solution.

It is you, Spotify, who limited the usage to 1 listen per account.

If you do like Netflix, for example, the number of sessions depends on the subscription regardless of the profile used.

So the problem simply doesn't exist!

When my wife borrows my car, I don't have access to Spotify because of your restriction.

Thanks for putting back in the Ideas board so that the commun can have their say.

And if this one doesn't get enough support, I'll just look elsewhere for a solution that doesn't have this restriction.

Thanks

Suggested posts