Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sonos only appearing on Spotify Connect in one account, not in another without Wifi

Solved!

Sonos only appearing on Spotify Connect in one account, not in another without Wifi

Plan

Premium

Device

Same behavior in all devices (Android, Windows, Web)

My Question or Issue

Hi, I have my Sonos linked to 2 Spotify accounts and I can access Sonos from both accounts using Spotify app when I'm connected to Wifi, but when I'm not connected I can only see the Sonos from one of the accounts.

Of course, both accounts are "authorized", and I have reautorized them with no changes.

Do you know how can I make it work?

Thanks,

--

Marc

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @mahonni,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Keep in mind that in order to use Connect all devices have to be on the same network. You can learn more about how Connect functions here. When you're not on the same Wi-Fi you can still control the speaker via Connect using the last device you did so with the account you have logged in there.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @mahonni,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

Keep in mind that in order to use Connect all devices have to be on the same network. You can learn more about how Connect functions here. When you're not on the same Wi-Fi you can still control the speaker via Connect using the last device you did so with the account you have logged in there.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail,

Thanks for the answer. I understood you could use it all the time when you're outside of the network as long as you have it linked, just as it happens to the other account I was talking about. So, we one that is "malfunctioning" is the one that can always connect, even outside.... interesting.

I'll leave it as answered, then, although I think it'd be a great feature to be able to control it from everywhere.

Thanks.

Suggested posts