Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sony 2015 receivers dropped Spotify Connect

Solved!

Sony 2015 receivers dropped Spotify Connect

Sony just confirmed to me that their 2015 line-up of receivers, do not support Spotify Connect, even while all specification sheets do mention it being supported. Too bad I already bought myself a STR-DN1060.

So the only option I now have is Google Cast. But that will not be supported by Spotify because of Spotify Connect. How stupid is that?

55 Replies

Nope. The DN1060 is still f***ed.

We have a Sony HT-XT3 with the exact same problem. Some days it works fine but some days it's impossible to use. Tried a factory reset, and wired or wifi and using PC or phone, but all the same. We also have a Sony SRS-X77 and that always works perfectly (wifi). Hrm..  Really hope for an update soon!

I installed a new update yesterday and now Spotify connect works perfect .

Hey gasse456, that's great news!

Welcome to the community!

Rock on! 🙂

spotify:track:36Npoiy4dMf7RINnysRT90

What's a Spotify Rock Star

, and how do I become one?

It is not fixed at all.

Whats worst is google cast works fine, but as soon as you switch to Spotify
it all goes to hell again.
The dropping connection thing seems fixed but 90% of the time Spotify comes
through all stuttery and is unusable.

On the PS4 it is flawless so I dont know what is going on. Im kinda fed up
at this point though.

It still works for me without any stop.

I got a new update late last week.  This is the second update since I reported the problem with the internet connection dropping after 30-60 sec.

This latest update seems to have fixed the problem now.  The songs and playlist are playing right through now. 

Thanks for fixing it, Sony.

It seems to be fixed after the update! 🙂

Does anyone what how to switch on the receiver with the spotiy app?

I have just purchased the Sony HT-NT3 and nothing with spotify connect. 

Google cast work very well, but i bought the unit for movies and Spotify. 

Any ideas ?

STR-DN860

Althouh the recent update has solved the issue that spotify drops after 30-60sec, it has created 2 new issues in my experience:

• The spotify service of the receiver is not always visible under the "devices" menu of the spotify app. The network is running and other spotify-capable devices (chromecast 2) are visibile under devices in the spotify app. The receiver is connected by network cable and has a reserved IP. The receiver itself is visible on the network. It therefore seems that the spotify service of the receiver is not always running in the background. A cold reset sometimes solves the issue, manually starting spotify through the reciever menu always solves the issue (tedious).
  • The receiver occassionally pauses the spotify playback after (once every 2 hours or so). pressing play again in the app resumes the playback. this does not happen when playing over the chromecast 2. 

HT-NT3

Does not show after a reboot, restart or reset to factory settings.

I can use Spotify Connect to my PS3 without any issues.

@Jan81 wrote:

STR-DN860

Althouh the recent update has solved the issue that spotify drops after 30-60sec, it has created 2 new issues in my experience:

• The spotify service of the receiver is not always visible under the "devices" menu of the spotify app. The network is running and other spotify-capable devices (chromecast 2) are visibile under devices in the spotify app. The receiver is connected by network cable and has a reserved IP. The receiver itself is visible on the network. It therefore seems that the spotify service of the receiver is not always running in the background. A cold reset sometimes solves the issue, manually starting spotify through the reciever menu always solves the issue (tedious).

Same problem here with the 1060. The spotify service on the receiver is all but reliable. 

My DN860 just came back from a repair (not related to wifi, streaming or spotify) and since Spotify Connect doesnt work.

Before it worked perfectly, always showed up in Spotify app on my iOS devices, instantly started playing when selected, I could even turn on my Receiver trough 4g connection and control it. It was perfect....

Now however im stuck with crappy bluetooth because Spotify Connect doesnt work anymore...

I would like to know if the problem is known? What the expected solution is and when this will be fixed?

It is a killer feature on a already very good receiver but Sony and Spotify need to sort this out, preferably before the holidays 😉

Please keep us informed

I have DN860 receiver and PC with Windows 10 connected via cable and Sony Z3 Compact phone. Receiver usually doesn't show up on PC's devices list until I start playback via phone where it does show up. Maybe it's related to the SonPal app on the phone which helps with finding receiver on the network.

PC is runnin Spotify 1.0.19.106.gb8a7150f.

Phone is running Spotify 4.3.0.922 and SongPal 3.3.3.

I have Sony str1050 and spotify connect have never worked well. Never gonna buy Sony again because they dont care. But i have fixed the problem with Sony receiver and spotify connect. Do this and it will work: 

1: Copy all your network information from your receiver  Write your network settings down except DNS)

2: Change your IP-Adress, Subnet and Gateway to the values you've written down before. Then change DNS (P) to 8.8.8.8 and DNS (S) to 8.8.4.4. This is the dns to Google.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 🙂

I have Sony str1050 and spotify connect have never worked well. Never gonna buy Sony again because they dont care. But i have fixed the problem with Sony receiver and spotify connect. Do this and it will work: 

1: Copy all your network information from your receiver  Write your network settings down except DNS)

2: Change your IP-Adress, Subnet and Gateway to the values you've written down before. Then change DNS (P) to 8.8.8.8 and DNS (S) to 8.8.4.4. This is the dns to Google.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 🙂

Suggested posts