Soundlink and Bluetooth

Soundlink and Bluetooth

Lipziger
Casual Listener

Hello,

is Spotify working with the Bose Soundlink (with Bluetooth)?

I'd like to get a Soundlink to play my music outdoor, with good quality, but i dont want to get this speaker, if it doesn't work well with Spotify. So - is it possible to connect Spotify with this speaker via bluetooth (from my laptop, android-phone and pc) or do i need to connect it with AUX(line in/out)? Or can't i play my music with this speaker anyway?

I just found an old post, where a user said that he had some problems to play his spotify music with it : / (Spotify -> Android phone -> Bose Soundlink)

2 Replies

Joe
Community Legend

Bluetooth is handled by your device not by Spotify. The speakers should work with any A2DP Bluetooth-enabled device. Ironically, you may struggle more to get bluetooth streaming from your laptop than your adnroid device.

SBCo
Casual Listener

Hi,

You should be able to connect to your Bose Soundlink through your laptop/phone bluetooth connection. Since it's already bluetooth enabled, you shouldn't need any additional connections. Just turn on the speaker, turn on the bluetooth on your phone/laptop and let it detect the speaker.

I have a Bose Sound Dock (when iPods were still a thing) which isn't bluetooth enabled. I didn't want to buy a whole new bluetooth speaker, so I came across a bluetooth adapter at Target for $30 that I can stick into the iPod connecter pin and stream my music that way. It works perfectly fine with both my phone and macbook.

Good luck.

SUGGESTED POSTS