Spoitify Discord Activity No Longer Shows

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

2020 M1 Macbook Air

Operating System

macOS Monterey

Hey everyone. my issue is that my Discord Spotify activity on my laptop isn't showing up anymore, but has been showing up on my phone mostly just fine [now it's not showing up]. I'm not sure what the issue is because none of the articles I've checked out have helped my particular issue [reconnecting Spotify to discord, etc].  I've even closed the apps several times to try and fix it [even on mobile] and I cannot seem to figure out the issue.

Help is appreciated!

79 Replies

Hey folks,

Can you please provide the info requested by @Yordan above (if you haven't already), so we can investigate further?

Looking forward for your replies.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Spotify for Windows
1.2.7.1277.g2b3ce637

Windows 10 Pro

OS Build 19045.2728

also tried every solution under the sun like everyone else here, still nothing works, discord listen along, discord activity and neither the connect functionality either, for example my phone or my pc or other devices dont see each other anymore even on same network. This hasn't been fixed for years for me, it really needs to be sorted.

When I try adding spotify as a game, it doesnt add it.

When I turn on spotify and start listening to the songs, its not displayed what songs im listening to on discord. It just says "playing spotify". like its a game. ive tried fixing it from youtube tutorials, but its not working. Its connected to my spotify account, ive added spotify as a game as well. so idk what else to do

I don't know if this will help the devs at all at figuring the issue out, but from what I've noticed from multiple threads, is that the discord activity problem, the discord listen along problem, only being able to play music from playlists (not on artist/album/search pages), and the spotify connect functionality problem all seem to be intertwined and most people seem to be having all or some of these at the same time.

One suggestion is to check if there are any recent updates for both the Discord and Spotify apps. Sometimes, updating them can help resolve compatibility issues and restore activity visibility. Additionally, have you tried reconnecting your Spotify account to Discord? This might refresh the connection and solve the problem. You can even try other accounts. I recently discovered one website where you can try different Discord accounts. Here's the link: https://flipd.gg/Forum-Stat-Discord-Accounts If none of the articles you've found so far have helped, it might be worth reaching out to the support team. They might have specific troubleshooting steps or insights into your particular issue.

for some reason, when i connect with spotify to the named pages in the question, they keep not displaying the track I am playing at that moment, but do keep on saying its connected.

I have my Spotify Account Linked to my Discord Account. Also the "Display Spotify as your Status" is enabled but it still isn't showing my spotify activity on discord

Plan

Premium

Device

Erazer Defender P30 (Laptop) + Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite (tablet) + Pixel 7a (phone)

Operating System

Windows 11 Pro & Android 13 &Android 14

When starting Spotify and Discord, connected to my SONOS 5 speaker, only the first song will be displayed on the discord profile (activity). Then it simply stops showing anything, even by skipping the song or whatever else. If skipping the first song before it ends, it still remains displayed till the end, then what i've described before happens too.

The speaker is up-to-date, I also disconnected and reconnected the accounts on both softwares, but also properly uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify and tested a newer version of Discord. No matter, same issue occurs.

It does NOT affect other speakers (headphones, computer).

It happens on my Windows laptop, my Android tablet and phone.

It appears both on the website and Windows or Android app.

Other topics are already mentioning this problem, none have been resolved... Choosing Spotify as a game is not a solution; it only allows you to show Spotify as a status, and not the music currently playing.

Well, I've really tried everything, to no avail. I've had Sonos support tell me that the speaker works perfectly fine and that it has nothing to do with them, and Discord says the same thing, that I should check with Spotify... I desperately tried again yesterday in bluetooth with yet another speaker from another brand, and everything was fine. There's really only something wrong when using Sonos products, whether you're using wired or wireless. And yet I've been paying a subscription fee and can't share my listening with friends since I bought the speaker a little over a month ago. Spotify updates come and go, and the issue persists. Would you please address this frankly?

Sir, my Spotify Status on Discord shows only when i use the Spotify Web, but it doesn't show up when i use the Spotify App on my computer, its an windows and i tried to reconnect, clearing cache's, changing passwords, re-link, i tried everything i could but it doesnt work.. i even fully uninstalled both of the app's and re-downloaded everything but the result didn't changed like that either. i was using spotify so much but i have this issue ongoing for almost 3 years now. it forced me to stop listening to songs and musics from spotify on my pc, if you can support me i would be really pleased and thankful because i want to use spotify fully again. pretty please, thank you for reading all of this.

Reinstalling and reconnecting didnt help. Only songs from my search list and my liked songs playlist are showing. No, other playlists are not private.
Other songs from playlists display only with VPN on.

Spotify doesn't detect the computer, and the current playback status isn't displayed on Discord. Music is playing normally on the computer in Spotify, but it doesn't seem like the song is being recognized or displayed as playing on this computer.

😞

UPDATE 4/9: It just randomly started working again, no issues now

--

I am getting this issue now with the new update. I have tried the following:

1. Reinstall Spotify and Discord

2. Try on 2 different devices (Windows 10 Desktop and Macbook) 

3. Relogged on both apps/devices

4. Switched my status from Offline <> Idle <> Online

The weird thing is that I see others with the Spotify activity on their profile, so it must be working for some people?

If I play tracks from my playlist spotify doesn`t show them in discord status but if I play track from they album spotify will show them. Why? (If it will help I transferring a playlist from one platform to spotify by app in internet)

same for me. spotify discord presence shows up always except for when I'm listening to my own playlists (They're not private so idek)

hii!! it may be because ur status is at invisible or something. be online n itll show! 

Discord shows song only when it's played from artist menu and it's doesn't work when I'm listening to any playlists

I just found out that it's also working when listening to "favorite" songs. But I want it to work with any playlists

Suggested posts