Spoitify Discord Activity No Longer Shows

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

2020 M1 Macbook Air

Operating System

macOS Monterey

Hey everyone. my issue is that my Discord Spotify activity on my laptop isn't showing up anymore, but has been showing up on my phone mostly just fine [now it's not showing up]. I'm not sure what the issue is because none of the articles I've checked out have helped my particular issue [reconnecting Spotify to discord, etc].  I've even closed the apps several times to try and fix it [even on mobile] and I cannot seem to figure out the issue.

Help is appreciated!

79 Replies

I forgot to mention this, but it seems like there is a desync between the web version and app version of Spotify, as they are not playing the same song at the same time. Could it be a connection issue?

My spotify also isn't showing in my discord status on pc and I've tried everything

I downloaded Spotify through Microsoft Store rather than through Spotify's website and it solved the problem for me

Hello, I've been having the same issue for days now. Spotify isn't showing through my Discord status at all. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and even disconnecting and reconnecting, but nothing has worked. I hope this gets resolved soon 😞

I just updated my spotify bc it said there was an update and its fixed!

Plan

Free

Country

Egypt
Hello, so ive been trying allot to fix this issue ive disconnected and recconected the connections on discord, revoked access for discord,and much more and spotify wont appear on discord but it works all fine on mobile and shows up, And my phone and laptop arent even playing the same things most of the time and its really bugging me out. Can someone help? Thanks

Hi everyone! Make sure you've download the actual program to your pc & don't have it installed through Windows store (you can uninstall this version by looking at your apps & features in your settings). Doing this seems to have fixed it for me!

Perhaps if you already have it installed through the website you could uninstall that version and install the Windows version!

Update: This has been fixed for me today, I think Spotify released a new update. It works now! My Spotify in PC also connects to my phone again. 

As of 24/09/22, Spotify for Windows 1.1.94.870.gf994cb0b, Spotify Premium 

This is STILL a problem for me. Spotify is not showing on Discord even though the apps are connected and the option is ticked in Discord. 

I was about to say the same thing, it seems like my Spotify updated and as it wasn't connecting to my phone before, it is now.

I changed the language of Discord from English to Spanish and then to English again and the Spotify Status finally showed up. I do not know if this could work for everyone, but it solved my problem!

Hi folks,

Thank you for your posts.

Our tech folks have worked their magic backstage and this issue should now be fixed on the latest app version 🙂

If you haven't already please update your app to version 1.1.94. 

Let us know if your activity is syncing with Discord.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Still not working for me on 1.1.95.893.g6cf4d40c

Not working for me on 1.1.97.962.g24733a46 (both Windows and Microsoft store versions).

this my exact problem..

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We'd like to investigate further again. Those of you who are experiencing this issue, could you please provide the information below so we can forward it to our tech folks:

• Your device's operating system.
  • The version of Spotify you're currently running.
  • All troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

As always, make sure your antivirus software/firewall isn't blocking Spotify, and your VPN is toggled off.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It ain't working for me either:

-Windows 10
-Latest stable spotify release for PC. (Sorry I couldn't find the actual update name or numbers)

-I've tried reinstalling spotify, disconnecting and reconnecting spotify as my connection in discord, and clearing discord cache. It used to work before...

Hey @Jynttari,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

Can you let us know the exact Spotify version you're currently running? You can find out how to check it in this article.

On another note, do you use a VPN? If yes, if yes, try switching it off to see if you notice any difference.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Plan

Free

Country

England

Device

iphone xr

Operating System

(iOS 16.2)

My Question or Issue

Spotify doesn’t show as my discord status. It does this both on my ipad, and phone but not my laptop. I’m thinking this is an ios thingy because my friends with android have a feature called device broadcast settings, which switches it on.

I also have the same problem.

@tiamongaeu51 AIM Specialty Provider Portal wrote:

Plan

Free

Country

England

Device

iphone xr

Operating System

(iOS 16.2)

My Question or Issue

Spotify doesn’t show as my discord status. It does this both on my ipad, and phone but not my laptop. I’m thinking this is an ios thingy because my friends with android have a feature called device broadcast settings, which switches it on.

Suggested posts