Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify 3.0 Update - Windows Phone

Spotify 3.0 Update - Windows Phone

Hurraahhh! Spotify has been updated to 3.0. Great news!

However... still no free listening? I don't get it, is there a reason why this can't be done?

How hard is it to have a level playing field for the 3 major phone OS's?

43 Replies

According to the announcement a while back it is coming, but not this release:
http://news.spotify.com/uk/2014/02/24/were-updating-our-windows-phone-app/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

ROTFL!!!!!
Upadete without collection!!!! Only playlist!!!!

Is This Some Kind of F*****g Joke????

How long will we wait for update with colletion??? 
To spring-summer 2015????

Just installed the 3.0 version on my WM8 phone ... but now the app language is Nordic or Swedish ... could be Finish too.

I can't find any language settings in the app. Anybodu else the same problem ?

What a **bleep**ing joke, IOS and Android get listening for free users, and Windows Phone users don't? **bleep** this

I have the same problem. Although, I am Norwegian, but the language in the app is now in dutch.

I am dutch but the app is probally in norwegian now. I think they messed up the submission?

I have the same problem !

Hope they fix it with an update ... re-installing the app will delete all my downloaded content ...

And I'm not even sure if this fixes our problem !

Happily Norwegian and Dutch is "much the same", easy to still get to the playlists - but it seems like I've lost all my downloaded content with this update.

Same issue here too, I'm Dutch, the top lists etc are from Holland, but the language is Danish, or some Scandinavian country. Not very convenient.

It's nice to see Spotify Windows Phone app updated, but here are some tips about what's missing (and I'm not talking about "premium only"):

- launching Spotify by clicking track title in volume bar (http://i.imgur.com/PmA3Lna.png) takes user to Discover Page rather than Now Playing
- a lag occurs when clicking/swiping for next/previous track in Now Playing
- a track is not sharable to Spotify friends (this is really ridiculous...)
- no Collection
- no last.fm scrobbling
- lack of ability to sort playlists by anything other than date
- animation when clicking back button anywhere in the app is unnecessary long, it almost looks as lag

Looking for a next update, keep up good work!

I got the same issue as people earlier have mentioned, that the language is Dutch instead of Norwegian.

Mine is Deutsche. Really annoyin.

Literally all I need to make this phone perfect is for Spotify to add the Collection. That is all I need.

After countles reboots, reinstalls, retrys of login, I have never gotten farther than this after update.

Nevermind, seems the culpirt is facebook logon

Need: ASP.NET, Azure and other skills? Talk to me, looking for projects sized 4 months and longer

I have the same problem. Do you have two step authentication enabled on facebook? Did you figure out how to get around the probleM

Social failure:

No sharing of tracks and playlists to other spotify users?

No view of my Outbox and no messages from other spotify users visible in the Inbox (only facebook messages displayed).

The release notes say

- There are known issues with Facebook two factor authentication.  These issues will be fixed in a future update.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/spotify/10f2995d-1f82-4203-b7fa-46ddbd07a6e6

but you have to click "show details" to see that far down into the fine print.

Suggested posts