Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify App crashing on Fire Tablet 8 (7th generation) - naughty Amazon ?

Spotify App crashing on Fire Tablet 8 (7th generation) - naughty Amazon ?

Fire Tablet running Spotify app is being targeted by Amazon on purpose.  Causes the app to crash intermittently, causes a song to just stop, the spotify app still active, goes blank... and even ending and starting it up again, it does the same.  A full restart of the Fire Tablet is needed.

I work in IT and I looked into the matter further and it seems that the crash is being caused on purpose by Amazon.  A packet of code is purposesly crashing the Spotify app on my Fire Tablet (7th Generation).

Spotify, I think you may need to look into this, its an Antitrust law issue FOR SURE!

Amazon obviously want their tablet users to use Amazon Music and not Spotify... but sending a packet of code to purposely crash a competitors music streaming app is EXTREMELY annoying and um very illegal.

NOTE:  see image below, this community forum would not even allow me to post the word 'amazon pri..' ...hmm seems there is some really unhealthy competition going on here.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Edinburgh, UK

Device

Fire Tablet 8 (7th generation)

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Spotify app will play a song or two then all of a sudden stop, app crashes and the app screen (still active and open) just goes black.  I close the app, start up again and play a song, one minute in and it does the same thing.

This happens regularly.

AP.jpg
1 Reply

I completely agree. I have multiple phones and tablets and the Fire OS will randomly shut down and then switch the storage settings if you have downloaded multiple playlists. I bought a Fire 8 and use it only for Spotify and it is super buggy but not in a normal bug type of way. It's like Amazon is making Spotify work like **bleep** on purpose.

Suggested posts