Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify - Blackberry - is there anyone that has no problems with syncing offline?

Solved!

Spotify - Blackberry - is there anyone that has no problems with syncing offline?

Hello,

I have a BB Bold 9900.  And I don't seem to get the offline sync working.  The whole idea of getting a premium subscription is being able to sync you device an listening to music in the car, on a plane...

I did all the tricks mentioned on this forum (clean install, switching from 3G to wifi, and vice versa), but nothing helped so far.

Before I'm giving completely...

Can anyone confirm that they have a fully working "no worries" installation of the Spotify client on their BB device?

I would be very interested to know.

I wonder.

jutuiz

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I could never get it to reliably sync unfortunately on my Bold 9900. It used to work once after a device reset but then would never sync any new tracks added to the playlists. Unfortunately, the Spotify application for BlackBerry is now legacy and won't receive anymore updates either. 

I have since dropped BlackBerry (and so have Spotify) and moved to iPhone - never looked back!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

I could never get it to reliably sync unfortunately on my Bold 9900. It used to work once after a device reset but then would never sync any new tracks added to the playlists. Unfortunately, the Spotify application for BlackBerry is now legacy and won't receive anymore updates either. 

I have since dropped BlackBerry (and so have Spotify) and moved to iPhone - never looked back!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Ok, that's clear. And that's what I feared.

Iphone has never been an option for me (I don't like going over to Apple, because I feel I would have to transfer my total family to Apple, which will cost me a fortune, but that's another discussion).

Android is a "no go" on the professional field. Leaves me with Windows Phone, which has no (good) spotify solution either.

I understand the position of Spotify on not giving prioirity to Blackberry, but they should be clear that they have no working client.

Point.

Suggested posts