Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect DOES NOT WORK with Denon-avr-x2300W

Spotify Connect DOES NOT WORK with Denon-avr-x2300W

I normally never write complains or on any forums but I am very dissapointed in the Spotify Connect and I got used  (till now) to good products from Spotify. I read about all these problems with various receivers (not only Denon I have mentioned in the title) and here I hope my new model should be fine... Of course... I was too fast thinking that problem reported by so many users was properly addressed.

I have tried many various suggestions and so called by Spotify moderators 'Solutions' but it does not work... Currently the only way for me to listen music from Spotify on my receiver, is via AirPlay on my IPad.

Some technical details:
- I have DENON-AVR-X2300W and Spotify Premium acount.

- Denon connected via Ethernet (through a switch).

- network report on Denon says there are no problems

- Sometimes Spotify Connects to the Denon (green bar in the bottom) and it says it plays but there is no sound via receiver and control does not work properly or at all 

- Yes, I did try directly connecting to a router but I had exactly the same problems.

- Yes, I also tried via WiFi with receiver standing next to a router and here as well was not working properly. 

- All other online services from Denon are working properly (Internet Radio, Youtube sound streaming etc)

The only thing that is not fine is Spotify (or Spotify Connect).

One of the websites/topics suggested that if you have special characters in your user name Spotify Connect will not work properly. In my user name there is a '_' does it mean I am doomed to switch to some other music sources? If that is indeed an issue could you please let me know how to change my user name (and I am not talking about the forum one). If I follow suggestions from that website Suport Service should contact me on that matter, is that true?

Would be an amazing Xmas gift if you guys manage to solve OUR annoying ISSUE... or at least let me know if there are any plans to pick it up. 

Cheers

28 Replies

I was just about to purchase the same amp with a key requirement to enhance music via Spotify connect.

Hopefully you get an answer and / or able to resolve from Denon / Spotify soon!

Not sure if you have already tried the below post: -

http://denon-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3775/~/spotify-connect-not-working

Thank you for your suggestions. Yes I have gone through that list, even few times. The only item over there I did not test is the one with different username. If that would solve my issue would be nice, however, without Spotify Support I know it is not possible to change your username. Still, if software either on Denon (and I guess other receivers) side or Spotify Connect cannot properly parse usernames it says something about the software quality or co-operation with partners... I am not very fluent with network protocols but that knowledge here probably also helps a lot. Annoying you have to go through all that hassle with a product you pay for. 

Normally it's working, but it stopped working a few days ago. When using the app on my iPhone it's working, but when using Spotify on my denon or LG smart TV there is a lot of clipping.

Spotify Connect doesn't work. Period. At least in The Netherlands, as it seems. Not on my Yamaha, not on my Squeezebox, not on your Denon. Ther are many users complaining, but NO reply or solution from Spotify.
Even help or acknowledgement from Spotify is non existant ;-(

I am also from The Netherlands so I am with you on that. Perhaps some server that should handle protocols for Spotify Connect in NL is down. For me it worked sometimes but very badly until Sunday. When it 'kinda worked' I had lots of interuptions and singal loss, very unreliable and irritating. 

Let's hope we get some proper response from Spotify.

Similar problemes here. Again, also in the Netherlands. Since three days stuttering playback of spotify on Onkyo receiver using spotify connect. No issues with ohter streaming services or wehn playing on the spotify app. Strange. Waiting for response from spotify to confirm and solve the issue. 

Same problem overhere with a Squeezebox (Radio and Touch). Since last saterday. Tried all kind of things, but now it looks like it is a Spotify Netherlands only problem (seen the complaints on different fora are all comming from the Netherlands). I really hope this will be solved (very) soon.

@SpotifyCares suggested I had to reboot my router and all of my devices. I did, and now it streams again. A solution, a workaround or maybe a coincidence? Did Spotify found the problem? I don't know. Let's hope it keeps streaming...

Tried restart of modem and devices as well. Worked ones, but problem reoccured the next day, unfortunately. second restart did not solve the issue

I didn't do anything of that (reboot etc.), but looks like the problem is solved. Spotify is streaming again on my Squeezebox Radio. Six songs already, keeping fingers crossed.

Coincidence?

Hello,
I have the same problem.
If you have a solution please let me know.
I appreciate It very much.

Same here, Spotify plugin on Squeezebox Radio kept rebuffering during playback for the past three days. Just reset everything once more and problem seems gone.

Thank you all for brainstorming and sharing your experience. I came yesterday after work and without any restart or settings change it works fine now... No solution but since it works, nothing to complain about either.

I would still like to hear from Spotify what was the issue. This would help me, and I guess other users, properly react once this issue arise again in the future. 

Same here. Works perfect again. But also interested in the cause, just to respond correctly the next time the issue might reoccur. 

For me it works sometimes but it is still far away from 'perfect'. Once in a while there is no sound but if you look at some other device it looks like a music is still streaming. Perhaps once this issue will be properly addressed or at least Spotify will inform users what is wrong.

For now I have nothing else than patiently waiting for a proper response. 

I have the same problem, both with Ios and android. Tried both wifi and LAN. On the same network I have an android Sony TV connected and on the TV Spotify works without any problem.

I have the same exact issues. Denon AVR-X2300W and Spotify Premium. Everything worked well in the beginning of December 2016 and now the last couple of weeks Spotify Connect is laggin and sometimes it says Connected/playing but there is no sound. 

I have tried with MacBook Pro 13", iPhone 6 & iPhone 7.

Spotify, please solve this and get back with a solution!

i'm linking my iphone 7 through spotify connect to my demon avr x2300w. i noticed it connects but tends to stutter. i usually manage to solve the problem by shutting down the receiver, force closing the app, and starting both up again. that's what i just did and it works now. unless you count in "google-ing for a solution" as a rectification step. it works whenever i do that! lol

Have the same problem -- also in NL. 

Worked for the very first time after setting up the receiver, but now the Denon doesn't show up in the "Devices Available" screen...

Rebooting router did not help. Force quitting the app (both on phone or tablet) changes nothing. Unplugging receiver and restarting also doesn't do it.

Extremely disappointed in Spotify at this point!

Suggested posts