Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Spotify Connect] Failure to shuffle big playlists

[Spotify Connect] Failure to shuffle big playlists

When shuffling big playlists while hooked up to a Spotify Connect device, Spotify only plays the first song and after that stops. The queue also only shows this one song. Additionally, the player control buttons at the bottom disappear and the desktop widget on Android grays out. Also, there is no way to access the big player that shows the player control buttons plus the album cover art all over the screen. 

When shuffle is deactivated and gets activated AFTER the first song has started playing, the playlist continues as expected in random order regardless of the size of the playlists. 

Bug occurence: Shuffling all songs in my collection (~2,500)

Devices tested: HEOS by Denon Link, HEOS by Denon Speaker 7

Attempted solutions that failed: Clean Spotify reinstall, resetting Sptify Connect devices, transferring the entire collection to a new Spotify account

4 Replies

Which device are you using to control Spotify Connect exactly?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

HTC One M7 running Stock Android.

I think this bug should be reported to Spotify. No solution has been offered yet and I don't know how to make the developers aware of the problem apart from posting in this forum. Is there any other way?

You can open a support case here:
https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

To raise it as a bug here on the community I really need more than 1 report as I personally can't reproduce this.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts