Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Multiroom?

Spotify Connect Multiroom?

Hey,

is anybody using a multi room system with Spotify Connect and can share some positive or negative experience? E.g. such as the Samsung WAM550 or WAM750.

Johannes

25 Replies

Samsung aren't a Spotify Connect partner as far as I know. Full list is here:
https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/Spotify-Connect-Partner-Devices

As with all Spotify devices (apart from Sonos) you can only have one active stream at any given time.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have just checked their website and at least they seem to support Spotify.

There is a different between supporting Spotify and Spotify Connect though, so it is worth double checking support before you purchase anything.

Samsung Smart TV's and other products support Spotify via a Spotify application, but those applications do not support Spotify Connect.

Peter

Absolutely... I'm still checking and trying to verfy it. Actually I was very interested in the Teufel/Raumfeld system, but they seem to have lost any interest in ever supporting spotify.

Thanks @jwylot. That was the article I had read but not saved 🙂

How did I miss this, and multiple speakers - this is going on my to buy list!

My apologies! 🙂

Peter

The only downside is that there is no device to attach to an existing stereo to include it into the speaker setup.

But Pansonic seems to do this with their Allplay system.

If you haven't bought it yet, don't. These speakers suck so much, I spend more time  factory resetting them than listening to music. Problems connecting, problems with buffering, speakers running out of sync with each other, the app drains the battery of my phone because it keeps a wakelock for hours at an end.

I wish I could get my money back. They are useless

Are you refering to Panasonic's Allplay?

Buhhh... Doesn't sound good... Still curious to see them and try them myselfs. Amazon plans to ship mine in 10 days.

samsung wam751 and wam250, cancel your order while you still can, you will seriously regret buying these. You cannot use them to listen to spotify

I just got my Panasonic Allplay stuff. Sounds good so far but with using Spotify Connect I'm unable to select more than one speaker... Why is that? Anyone figured that out already?

Does it actually mention anywhere they support multiple speakers with connect? I'm not up to date, but the only speaker I thought this was currently possible on where Samsung's. My Pioneer speakers definitely only work one at a time (which is pretty commonplace with Spotify).

Peter

I was a bit to quick when I posted yesterday. It is possible to group speakers in the Panasonic app, which is very crappy btw.

However the sound quality the big speaker delivers is not the best one. Still unsure if I keep it.

Which Pioneer system are you using?

I've got two A1's:
http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/XW-SMA1-K/print.html

They can't play Spotify at the same time, I mainly use one for Spotify and another for Airplay for films. Have to say I've been pretty impressed with the quality and loudness of such a small unit - although I'm pretty deaf when it comes to sound quality!

Peter

I have two WAM751 and the 250 hub to go with them. They work like a charm and I'm really quite satisfied with the setup. I will buy more speakers to put throughout the house.

However - the Spotify Connect solution is buggy. Playing over grouped speakers (same music playing on multiple speakers) always - yes ALWAYS - result in the music going out of sync between the speakers. Very annoying. This doesn't happen with any of the other music sources available through the Samsung Multiroom app, like inTune radio stations etc, only Spotify.

If you need to connect an exisiting stereo or maybe an existing pair of speakers they do have the "Link Mate" for that which should solve that issue.

Once Spotify (yes, I believe it's on their end) solves the Connect issue that causes the out-of-sync problem and once Samsung adds Google Play Music to the list of services for their speakers I will be even more happy with the setup.

Hello !

I ha ve the same problem with Spotitfy !

I have tried Deezer but I have other issues : somtimes the music goes to the next track or go to the end of the track, very difficult to listen a track completly!

Samsung Multiroom is bugged since the begining with these services.

Since weeks I have a NEW issue wiht TuneIn: my speacker goes "mute" alone !!!

Thank you. 

I have 4 Samsung Multiroom m3 speakers, 3 m5 speakers , two wm750 soundbars and a linkmate. All of this works well with pandora and other streaming services.

Spoify just plays back crappy and studdered. its really the worst disservice to an artist listening to bad playback

But i love my spotify account and the music seletion that comes with my subscription .

Spotify really need to fix this , whats the point if we cant listen to a playlist how we want to.

If i find another service that does work i will repost back here

Ok I got a FIX , Works on android

Do this

Install the latest samsung multiroom apps and spotify.

1. Kill all apps make sure spotify is definately off .
  2. Start Samsung Multiroom ,
  3. Ungroup all speakers, set all speakers to bluetooth or usb etc
  4. Start the first speaker with pandora or any working streaming service .
  5. Group all the speakers that you want in. Wait till they are all playing correctly
  6. Switch the source of the grouped speakers in the samsung multiroom app to Spotify.
  7. Play your playlist or what ever in spotify.
  8. Select the device in spotify of the grouped speakers.

Turn that Sh!t up and get that ass swinging.........

Ps do not ungroup or add any speakers while using spotify. this will cause the crackling and broken play

Problem is in the Spotify app not being able to reconise the groups of speakers or update correctly.

Thanks to spotify and their wonderful guidence of Jacksh!t , bunch of useless muppets

Suggested posts