Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect Samsung Soundbar from outside my network

Spotify Connect Samsung Soundbar from outside my network

Hey!

When I have friends visiting me, somethimes they want to connect their phone with a spotify-premium account to my Samsung soundbar with Spotify Connect. But after they have been connected they can start playing music on my soundbar from their own place. 

They accidently almost exploded my speakers a couple times now. Is there a solution for solving this problem? They should only get connected to my soundbar when they are connected with my wifi network. 

Thanks in forward! 

5 Replies

Hey  @mvaartjes, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Is not cool that this is happening. The best thing you can do is tell your friends to log out from their accounts in every device, including your speaker. They can do it from here.

Let us know how it goes!

I have this exact issue, and it seems absolutely ridiculous that Spotify is the only app that allows them to continue sending music to my Soundbar outside of my WiFi network.

I'm pretty sure this is Spotify's problem and my friend's won't remove the soundbar as they like to joke about and things. 

My Google devices remove themselves when they are out of WiFi range, but for whatever reason Alexa devices, such as this soundbar stay stuck in their devices list!

Please can you add a feature to kick off other users from your own Alexa/devices list??

Thank you

Hey @Lardyboy,

Thanks for reaching out.

To prevent others from accessing your Connect-enabled device, simply disable the toggle in the screenshot below:

Screenshot_2023-03-10-12-56-05-987-edit_com.spotify.music.jpg

We hope this helps. Let us know if you have other questions.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey there @MihailY

I love this as a solution, but I don't get that as an option on any of my speakers. 

Wish I did. Can you suggest how I might be able to get that as an option on my devices please?

Thanks

Hey @Lardyboy,

I'm sorry to hear this isn't appearing as an option on your end. Since there's no way to manually activate it for this specific device, I'd recommend restarting your router and resetting the soundbar to force-close the connection with other devices outside your network.

Let us know if this helps.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts