Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect - Yamaha RX-V477

Solved!

Spotify Connect - Yamaha RX-V477

premise: I already read all the posts I could regarding this topic and I didn't find any solution.

I'm literally going mad after spending many hours in trouble shooting.

what I tried:

-reloaded the router

-reloaded the receiver

-updated the receiver to v1.28 officially described as "Support new APIs for Spotify" from Yamaha here

-re-installed spotify app on 1) Windows10 2) Android 3) iPhone

-always used google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 until January when it stopped to work

-tried OpenDNS DNSs and my ISP DNSs

-made some captures with wireshark also by setting my laptop as receiver's default gateway and found nothing special, it makes some mDNS standard reply calls (I think for airplay) and some standard DNS query to esdk-ffl.spotify.com

-I didn't change neither ISP nor the router

-I have a good enough fiber optic line

-other users over Spotify community say it works after the receiver update

-all the devices find each other: chromecast, W10, iPhone, Android...tried to have online every combination of these

-the receiver can easily hear netradio

the point is:

what is changed in the Spotify connect service graph? how does it work? do someone know which protocols are involved? 

please suggest

many thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for your tests but nothing worked for me and sorry for late reply.

In the end I changed router with one that supports UPnP (it took a lot of time to arrange this with my ISP), now it's all stable and working fine.

I didn't try to disable UPnP and check if it works or not.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

I have exactly the same problem with RX-V477... Firmware was upgraded to the latest 1.28 and spotify is gone... 😞

which router do you have Robbiee?

I tried also to re upgrade the receiver with the file you can find in the official link above...nothing to do...

In a certain way I’m happy to know that someone has the same problem, obviously not to wish it to you Robbiee, just to stop trying for hours thinking about my equipment fault....
Has someone from Spotify any info about this problem?

Have you seen this? Might be relevant to your problem. There's similar thread with B&O A9 users having the same issue.

thanks for your answer Ensom.

unfortunately the difference between B&O and Yamaha is:

The Spotify custom integration will be completely removed from the following B&O speakers:

• BeoSound 5
  • A9 V1

We're updating Spotify on the below models of Yamaha speakers. 

To ensure you're rocking the latest version and can use Spotify Connect, update your speaker's firmware.

..., RX-V477, ...

maybe this sentence means:

we changed something in Spotify connect, in order to make it works again we need:

-upgrade Spotify server side > "We're updating" isn't literally "we updated"

-upgrade Yamaha client side > it seems done from what Yamaha says

I don't know...

Ok, I wasn't sure if the FW was released before or after that announcement. So the new FW should have fix it, but did not. I've read though that it worked for some RX-V477 users. What I would try is to downgrade back to 1.24, make factory reset and upgrade again to 1.28. And set static IP without using DHCP.

Unfortunately 1.24v is not downloadable anymore. I did the factory reset and another upgrade to same version. No luck.

Regarding DHCP I always used static IP...tried lot of DNSs.

Is it supposed to have an UPnP network?

I got similar problem with RX-V777. Spotify progam could see Cromecast but not Yamaha. I did more or less the same as you to solve the problem. Finally I have reinstalled older version of Spotify for Adnroid and this worked. I haven't tested more, for me worked version 8.4.25.

Ok, downgrade to 8.4.25 done over Android and it makes sense since this realese is dated 2017-10-30 but nothing again...

now I guess I should downgrade the receiver but I cannot download v1.24 😞

which version do you have on your RX-V777 popej_?

thank you

Screenshot_2018-03-19-19-36-44.png

There is current firmware on my Ymanha, it is 1.98 from December 2017. It should provide new API for Spotify. I think it all worked correctly till recently.

Just for test I have updated Spotify from Play Store and again no Yamaha on the list of devices. Back to old version and it works OK.

I have checked, that Spotify 8.4.39.673 for Android works, but 8.4.42.722 doesn't. Both are probably form February.

Marked as solution

Thanks for your tests but nothing worked for me and sorry for late reply.

In the end I changed router with one that supports UPnP (it took a lot of time to arrange this with my ISP), now it's all stable and working fine.

I didn't try to disable UPnP and check if it works or not.

Suggested posts