[Spotify Connect] Yamaha Stereo Receiver - no song info

Solved!

[Spotify Connect] Yamaha Stereo Receiver - no song info

Plan

Premium

Device

Yamaha 803D

My Question or Issue

I can't see any track info (song name, artist etc.) when using Spotify Connect on my Yamaha 803D. This is very annoying especially when listening to playlists created by others or simply new songs. 

What is interesting I can see full tracks info when streaming the musing from spotify to my receiver through Blutooth. However I don't want to do that since it is using my battery in smartphone.  

Is that problem specific to Yamaha Receivers or in general Spotify Connect doesn't allow to display track info?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Tomek398,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help you with information about this 🙂

Bluetooth is a direct connection and data transfer between two devices. In that instance the data of the track info is directly transferred from the device to the Yamaha Receiver while the Bluetooth connection is active.

Spotify Connect on the other hand does not involve actual data transfer and you can think about it as one device, communicating with another, telling it what music to play and how.

In the given example, it seems the receiver isn't configured to use our API to its full extent and pull the metadata of the track from the API. In that case, we're afraid there's nothing we can do to help. We suggest reaching out to Yamaha to ask if there's a firmware update for your receiver that would update that functionality.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Tomek398,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're happy to help you with information about this 🙂

Bluetooth is a direct connection and data transfer between two devices. In that instance the data of the track info is directly transferred from the device to the Yamaha Receiver while the Bluetooth connection is active.

Spotify Connect on the other hand does not involve actual data transfer and you can think about it as one device, communicating with another, telling it what music to play and how.

In the given example, it seems the receiver isn't configured to use our API to its full extent and pull the metadata of the track from the API. In that case, we're afraid there's nothing we can do to help. We suggest reaching out to Yamaha to ask if there's a firmware update for your receiver that would update that functionality.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Hi Jeremy

Thank you for detailed and clear explanation. I will try to contact Yamaha about it as I guess it is affecting their other receivers as well. 

Thanks! 

Hey again @Tomek398,

Thank you for your reply.

No worries 🙂 You can always get back to us if there's something you wondering about.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

Hi Tomek,

did you managed to fix that?

i have the same problem. 
Thanks!

Suggested posts