Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect not working on multiple 3rd party devices

Recently there have been numerous reports that Spotify Connect is not working on 3rd party devices like wireless smart speakers, multiroom speakers, sound systems and receivers. 

It's either possible to connect to the speaker using the Spotify Connect picker, but songs cannot be played and playback cannot be controlled, or the speakers appear grayed out and cannot connect at all.

Hello everyone,

We are aware that this issue has been going on for quite some time now. Thanks to your reports and immense help in troubleshooting this, we are happy to say that this should now be fixed. The information provided from members of the community greatly helped the tech teams from Spotify. They worked together with different speaker manufacturers over the last few months in order to pinpoint what was causing this connection issue and were able to sort it out.

If you're still having issues playing music on your sound systems via Spotify Connect, we recommend the following:

• Check if there are any firmware updates available for your speaker and install them.
  • Reboot your router and re-connect all devices to the network.
  • Alter your router's DNS to 8.8.8.8.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if the issue comes back! We'll do our best to get on it right away, so that you can enjoy your music.

Comments
northforkinv

the spotify advisor on this is just wasting your time.   One person on this forum suggested an answer that worked for me.  RESET YOUR WIFI ON YOUR SAMSUNG SPEAKER.  For my soundbar I press a little button on the back  (there are two one to set wifi and the other to add a speaker--for my system i just pressed the set wifi button)  Then using the samsung multiroom app I added the speaker to my existing wifi network.  It worked.  we will see for how long.  in this case the  system hadn't been used for months.  I'm glad somebody on this forum had a solution that worked for me.

northforkinv
worked for me dinomight. i'll keep forum posted if it's only temporary
MrMEEE

HiI have tried Wi-Fi reset and factory reset multiple times.. No luck here..

AndresM

Hey @DirkJSomers,

Thanks for posting on the Community and welcome. 

Could you tell us if the issue started after a recent OS/firmware update? Also, we recommend checking if there's any firmware available to install on your speaker. 

Changing tunes, tell us if the issue persists when launching the app from a different device (e.g. different iPhone or Android device).

Lastly, we suggest running a clean reinstall on your device and check if it works.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. 

astp44

No solution yet for me. I also live in Norway, my ISP is Altibox at one location, the other place I use a GSM modem. Same problem both places.

Been on chat with spotify support for more than three hours yesterday, they couldn't help. They said that my speakers probably wasn't supported anymore. I told them about all the other systems that had the same problem as I have, and referred to all the posts here. 

But according to support that wasn't relevant even if it happened at the same time, and with exactly same problem....

Jesslisten

Exactly my issue. I have 10,500. It was working about 2 weeks ago, and then stopped. I had cleaned out my likes and it was down below 10k at that point. I can connect with any other playlist, artist, or song. 

KidAndAmnesiac

Hi,

I'm from Portugal.

Have the same problem.

Tried everything like said here.

But then just unplugged the router and everything's good right now.

Hope it solves your problem.

AndresM

Hey everyone,

Thanks for posting on the Community. 

Could you check if there's any available firmware (to install) for your speaker?

On another note, we suggest that you log in to your Spotify account (on a computer), then go to the "Connected apps" section in the settings, and remove your speaker (if you find it) from there. Also, make sure you're not using a VPN.

Lastly, go back to your speaker menu or app (if applicable) and reconnect it again with Spotify. 

Let us know if this does the trick.

kristif84

No, i've not experienced any progress after powering them up and leaving them alone for a few hours. I have not tried LAN though, will give that a shot. Not that it'll help, i do not have ethernet sockets littered about the house where i want to place the speakers 😛 still, interesting to see.

astp44

There is no new firmware for my speakers, last update was some years ago.

Have tried all this and also removed all other connected apps. I'm not using a vpn service.

A friend of mine has an Argon Audio Stream 1 that stopped working in April, same time as my Panasonic speakers stopped working. Someone at Spotify must know if something has changed....