Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect and Marantz sr5009 problem

Spotify Connect and Marantz sr5009 problem

Hi,

I would appreciate some help on the following issue. I have 2 Heos players and Marantz sr5009 + premium Spotify account on my iPhone and computer, all devices are in the same Wi-Fi network. Yesterday evening I had some friends at home and they logged into my Wi-Fi and played music through different speakers using their Spotify accounts from their iPhones. All worked fine. Today in the morning I tried to play music from my iPhone through connect to Marantz and it doesn't work any more. I can see it in the connect, I click to start playing throuhg it and nothing happens for a while and later Marantz disapears from the connect and the only way for the connect to see it again is to turn it off/on again. And then I try again, and again nothing happens and it disapears. Heos devices work just fine.

I tried logging off the Spotify on all devices, reseting wi-fi router, unpluging Marnatz, using Spotify from computer instead of iPhone... nothing seems to work... 

Marantz runs on the newest available firmware and so are other devices, Any ideas would be highly appreicated. Many thanks.

12 Replies

All back to normal.... not sure what the problem was and not sure what happened that it all started to work again as at some point I just gave up trying and planned to call Marantz support on Monday.

I suspect this was an issue with the device not with the connect.

Hi Jeiff

I'm experiencing a very smilar problem to your right now, discovered 3 days ago, but tried everything and no solutions.

I don't understand what's wrong, SR5009 is working fine and the wifi is ok, streaming internet radio and from NAS.

I see the SR5009 amonge the devices I can select in Spotify (running in S4 or Tab S) but if I select, after few "connecting" seconds nothing happens. Spotify still work only with my S4 and Tab S but not with SR5009.

Sometimes I saw is disappering from the list of the available devices to come back after few instants.

The problem is that it was working well before, and I was able to switch between S4, tablet and SR5009 flawlessy.

I don't understand if it is a spotify issue or a marantz one.

Only change is the router from ADSL to VDSL, but again Spotify is working with PC/Andorid devices now as before.

I opened the 4070 port with the SR5009 IP fixed address but apparently no effect.

Any clue from anybody?

Ciao

Arnaldo

SOLVED

With the help of the Italian Marantz tech support I solved settinhg fixed IP address for the SR5009 and then DNS set to 8.8.8.8 which is Google.

Hope it help others

Regards

Arnaldo

Same problem here, tought it was during a problem bij Marantz but this solved the problem! Thanks!

Update 27-8-15:

It didn't solve my problem either. It looked like it for a moment but it didn't. I have contacted Marantz with the problem and they working as we speak with Spotify to solve this issue.

It looks like there is a problem with Spotify Connect on marantz devices. Spotify can connect with de marantz device but can't hold the connection.

I tried using a fixed IP on my NR1605 and using the 8.8.8.8 DNS, but this did NOT solve the issue (in my case).

Try to ping 85.18.200.200 and 89.97.140.140 . If they works try to use them as Dns servers

Red5

Same problem with a Marantz na6005.

The device freezes when I try to launch spotify connect, since Saturday.

I tried a reset and I changed the dns to use the Google dns, with no any result.

It's very frustrating !

The tech-team at Spotify are still working to solve this problem, together with Denon & Marantz.

It seems like some albums on Spotify are playable with Spotify Connect, and when you change album the problem occurs again.

For me it looks like a server-problem, the albums saved on specific servers won't work. (just a thought)

I am really looking forward to get to know what the problem is/was.

What's a Spotify Rock Star

, and how do I become one?

It didn't solve my problem either. It looked like it for a moment but it didn't. I have contacted Marantz with the problem and they working as we speak with Spotify to solve this issue.

It looks like there is a problem with Spotify Connect on marantz devices. Spotify can connect with de marantz device but can't hold the connection.

Ok, thanks for info.

What's a Spotify Rock Star

, and how do I become one?

Same here, again and again on 7009... works, works not, works again - without any action from my side -, now again it works not since 2 days. I've quit spotify premium now, it makes no sense to pay for such an buggy service.

I have exactly the same problem as described by other users with a Mitchell Johnson WLD+211T network player. Spotify Connect worked well for about 9 months. Then after changing Powerline LAN adaptors to resolve network speed issues Spotify would not connect to the network player anymore. The network player is detected on Spotify iOS apps but no connection can be established. Connection to other devices with Spotify Connect works well. Music streaming from my NAS to the network player works well; so it is connected to the network. The Spotify application on my Windows 10 laptop would not even detect the network player anymore. Does anybody have any idea how to resolve this?

Suggested posts