NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect and Yamaha AVR

Spotify Connect and Yamaha AVR

Plan Premium

Country - USA

Device

iPhone X 14.5

My Question or Issue

My nephew must have logged into his spotify account via my Yamaha AVR.  He does not have the password to the Yamaha app, he must have added the speakers to his spotify account.  

The issue is that now he can turn on and play music on the AVR when he is NOT at my house.   This is a huge problem, I am not sure how this is allowed via Spotify.  How do i prevent this from happening?  

1 Reply

Hey there @Dsg76

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

In order to get access to these devices, one must have received access to the network initially, which is the security measure in place to prevent this from happening by non-trusted parties. After access is granted, it's true that Spotify does allow remote control by the nature of the technology, but there're options in the app settings to only show local devices and to forget devices. 

In this case, we'd recommend asking your nephew to go in their app and perform the necessary actions. Alternatively, if your nephew stops connecting to the app for a while, it will automatically be forgotten.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts