Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect audio quality

Solved!

Spotify Connect audio quality

Hi!
I cannot find this information or setting anywhere.
What audio quality is used for Spotify Connect?
I have a Denon AVR connected to WiFi.
Is it possible to set audio quality by device?
In details I want to set audio quality for WiFi devices to be highest while on my phone to be normal.
Thank you
Camillo

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify Connect uses the highest quality available when streaming to receivers. 

If you select normal quality on your phone and then use the app to control Spotify on your receiver, the receiver will still play at the highest quality which is 320kbps.

This is because your receiver is streaming Spotify directly from the servers, and not from your phone.

You are only using your phone as the remote to control it. 

Update: I would still recommend changing the streaming quality to the highest in the settings because it may change/differ between platforms.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Spotify Connect uses the highest quality available when streaming to receivers. 

If you select normal quality on your phone and then use the app to control Spotify on your receiver, the receiver will still play at the highest quality which is 320kbps.

This is because your receiver is streaming Spotify directly from the servers, and not from your phone.

You are only using your phone as the remote to control it. 

Update: I would still recommend changing the streaming quality to the highest in the settings because it may change/differ between platforms.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thank you!
Camillo

You're welcome 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Hello,

does anyone knows what format Spotify Connect uses? Mp3, flac, ... ?

I don't think it uses the highest quality possible, I have a Denon AVR-X2200W and music quality and output volumen when streaming with Spotify Connect is clearly inferior than when I use Spotify wired through the Smart TV via HDMI to the receiver.

Is there any configuration that can be changed?

Thanks!

I'm streaming with a Marantz NA 11s1 and the quality is good up to very good ! So I'm wondering witch format they play. I suppose MP3?

I just bought a Denon AVR-X1300W.  Streaming directly through the receiver sounds significantly degraded vs streaming from my HTPC through the receiver, which sounds excellent as expected.  I'm no audiophile and the difference is not a subtle.  Not a huge deal to me since I'll continue to just use the HTPC as a source.  I'll contact Denon for further information.

Suggested posts