NEXT STEP

Spotify Connect broken on all devices

Spotify Connect broken on all devices

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

iPad, Xiaomi Mi9, Nad C658, All Sonos Devices (Play 1, 3, 5...)

Operating System

iOS latest, Android latest, BluOS & Sonos

As of today i cannot play any music from the Spotify App via Spotify Connect. The issue persists after trying to re-login. Same issue trying to use Spotify Connect from the iOS App and Android App. Non of the multiple Sonos players nor my BluOS player (NAD 658) will connect. The App lists all my players but gets stuck with “connecting...”. Playing from Spotify directly using the Sonos or BluOS interface works. Another oddity: When playing Spotify using the Sonos/BluOS interface, the Spotify App does not recognize that my Account it currently used by a player and lets me play more than one stream at a time (i have only single user premium subscription).

Seems like being not a local problem but something in the Spotify connect service is broken. Please advice.

8 Replies

Something strange with Spotify Connect happened few hours ago for me too.  My 2 PC computers and 2 Android phones doesn't see each other anymore.

Exactly the same issue today. Spotify gets stuck 'Connecting' to Denon CEOL N9 and/or Sonos from my Pixel 3 and/or Samsung Tablet.

Similar issues here ... PlayStation 4 Pro - Spotify will spontaneously stop working at all. In the quick menu if I try to play music, all I get is the PlayStation symbols spinning forever. If I try to open the actual app, it takes FOREVER and then throws a huge cryptic hex error message.

woke up this morning and everything works as normal again. did not touch a thing¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Same here. Such a terrible service. I'm really starting to hate it t. Not mention the shuffle still sucks, after all these years of complaints from so many people. Terrible. 

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out in the Community. We just came across this thread.

First of we suggest that you restart your router and make sure that every device are connected to the same internet connection.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you have someone log in with their account on 2 of your devices to see if the issue persist? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

If you still have the issue, for those who didn't - can you share your devices this occurs on?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I've done all the above still doesn't work. Worked fine July 25. Tried to play music on the 27th, could not get it to work from 3 different devices. Nothing on my network changed between those days.

What do you know...It's working now. I haven't changed anything.

Suggested posts